Thread: Ludwig bass drum lugs......not fun stuff.....need suggestions...

User Info Menu

Default Ludwig bass drum lugs......not fun stuff.....need suggestions...

So far I have a total of 4(!) lugs that have come off my Ludwig/Pennicle bass drum. So I go down to Morells only to discover that Ludwig has a tight butt policy about lugs that you have to order them special and they cost about 2 bucks or so each..... so if anybody knows any alternative lugs I could use that'd be great.
    I like heaveh mehtal.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Ludwig bass drum lugs......not fun stuff.....need suggestions...

So, we are talking about a total of 8 bucks? I say get those, just to have everything the same.

If I am missing something here let me know.
    DW - PEARL - PDP - ZILDJIAN - EVANS - VIC FIRTH

Click for Gear Pics!

DW Collector's Series - Blue Glass - 10, 12, 14, 16, 23
    Pearl Session Custom - Green Burst - 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    PDP CX Maple - Red Glass - 12, 14, 16, 24

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    If we had centerfolds for drums,that kit would be in one of them!

User Info Menu

yea id have to agree with redheaddrummer03 (Y)
    www.youtube.com/dannyatcranny

PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

User Info Menu

$2 is cheap, luddy classic BD lugs can go for $5 or $6 ea on ebay.

User Info Menu

So I went back to the shop today and asked again. So appearantly they're $5.50 each and I DO have to special order them..... everybody sure they never had a good substitute to go on a luggy bass drum?
    I like heaveh mehtal.

User Info Menu

That price sounds more correct. You might post on your local craigslist and see if anyone has some spares or a parts drum they would sell for cheap. Any aftermarket lug is going to be the same price, might as well keep it original and go with the ludwigs.

Larrysperf Guest

Quote Originally Posted by zebra View Post
    So I went back to the shop today and asked again. So appearantly they're $5.50 each and I DO have to special order them..... everybody sure they never had a good substitute to go on a luggy bass drum?
    Try Drum Barn he sells on ebay has all Ludwig stuff old and new and great prices. hope this helps email me if you need web site

Project-Green-Destiny Guest

Drum Foundry dot com. Nuff said. I'm using them to totaly refirbish my luddy kit. Check em out.

User Info Menu

i know i will
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments