Thread: Problem with everything.

User Info Menu

Default Problem with everything.

Hey guys. I am having a very very hard time with this. What I am wanting to accomplish is just play my electric kit and record it on my PC. What I am working with is a OSP DD-502 drum kit. I got a M-Audio Fast Track Pro interface or whatever its called and I have a **** ton of programs and the only one that seems promising to work is Cubase. I have Fruityloops, Adobe Audition, and Audacity but they dont seem to work well. I am not sure at all what is wrong. When I set everything up, only with FruityLoops and Cubase can I see that the program is recognizing when I hit my drums. But only in Fruityloops is there a sound to it. And I have no idea how to change the sounds in it. And with Cubase it just see a meter spike when I hit something and I cant get a sound to come out. Is there anyone familar with these programs who can let me know if I have a setting wrong or if I need another thing to make these three hunks of crap communicate properly? Thanks for your time guys.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Problem with everything.

Just plug your headphone line out on your kit into the line in on your computers soundcard. Open your Audacity, were it says input, select line in. Adjust your drumset volume until you get a good recording level.

User Info Menu

That didnt work. I dont know where the "Imput" is. I looked in preferences and anywhere else it would be at.

User Info Menu

Click on the dropdown menu thats located directly below the fast-forward button.

User Info Menu

I dont have a drop down menu under my fast forward button with my version of Audacity. I think that might be part of my problem.

User Info Menu

I must have a different version then you. There is no drop down menu in my version under any of the fast forward, rewind, play, record, stop etc. buttons.

User Info Menu

What drum software are you using...?