Thread: Okay, we need some help.

User Info Menu

Default Okay, we need some help.

Hey guy's

My band just went to the studio a few weeks ago, and we uploaded the new songs.

I can't get anyone to listen to them!

I don't know how to get the songs around.

We have a myspace, but no matter how many people I add, I'm not getting any comments or anything. Nothing.

Any Ideas?

www.myspace.com/atricide

User Info Menu

Default Re: Okay, we need some help.

Post it up. Ill isten
    A set of Exports and paiste's
    Add My Band! www.myspace.com/setthesails0

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NomNomNom View Post
    Post it up. Ill isten
    I just did

www.myspace.com/Atricide

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fredr View Post
    Hey guy's

My band just went to the studio a few weeks ago, and we uploaded the new songs.

I can't get anyone to listen to them!

I don't know how to get the songs around.

We have a myspace, but no matter how many people I add, I'm not getting any comments or anything. Nothing.

Any Ideas?

www.myspace.com/atricide
    Fred, one of the hardest things is to get heard. That's where playing out comes into it. You can also try Reverb Nation.

But in the end, nothing is a substitute for playing live.

I listened, not bad. Really good recording quality, I like the drums and guitar sound.
    Last edited by kaosotis; 08-21-2009 at 04:15 PM.
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kaosotis View Post

But in the end, nothing is a substitute for playing live.
    QFT

Larrysperf Guest

All right where did our Freder go. I thought the music was very good, and your singer sounded not bad at all now that he has toned it down Very good.

User Info Menu

Hey man, I'll isten to 'em as much as you want me to, I think they're grreat!

User Info Menu

Those recordings sounded great!
    Matt

User Info Menu

First off I am in no way a music critic but I will be honest with ya on what I hear.

Dead Man Running - Drums were kicking bro. I loved the riff in the song. Vocals eh not so much. But I know you guys are young and the vocals will improve with time and work. Also I see where yall are looking for a singer so that makes sense.

Crawl - Is it just me or do I hear some Zakk Wylde influence. The cool thing is it has a great Zakkish riff but doesn't rip him off. Drums again were solid I thought. Again the voclas need work but instrumentally I think it's pretty solid.

Overall I think you guys are pretty good. I can hear in the music that there is passion for what you all do. Keep doing what you are doing by working hard and good things will happen.
    Dave

Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi
    RIP my friend

Proud member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"

User Info Menu

I heard Dead man running, you've got good chops, and so does the guitar player. The singer on the other hand is okay, but it will be a shame once his voice deepens.
    PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY
    TERROROUS TENORS
    TAMAHOLIC
    RIP frank. You'll never be forgotten.
    Post by Yohin: "I never say anything good enough for anyone's sig."

User Info Menu

I'm a fan of both songs but not really on the vocals. Great chops on crawl
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

Thanks all!

I think our singer is improving, we've looked everywhere for a some to take over vocals but no luck.

This might seem like a dumb question, but what do you mean "Great Chops" haha

User Info Menu

That's actally some of my favorite music i've heard on this forum. No offense ment to anyone here, or their band.

You guys have almost perfect time together, and I think your singer is pretty beast.
    I like heaveh mehtal.

User Info Menu

LOL, chops means you play well. I thought your recording sounded great.

User Info Menu

Thanks guys! I really really appreciate the feedback!

User Info Menu

I've been listening, and I have to say...i like Well my band just got a facebook page and in a few days we've got 174 fans. I send out updates every day so we stick in people heads, and I also link to our myspace where we have a very rough demo up that people can listen to. I also have the myspace link in my msn PM, and send out regular updates on the myspace too
    Mapex Drums | Zildjian and Meinl Cymbals | Evans Drumheads | Pro Mark Drum Sticks

User Info Menu

I suppose you could ask a local radio FM station to play a few of your songs?
    - Zack

User Info Menu

Well, you can't force people to listen to them. But, post bulettins a lot about what the band is doing and maybe that will spark interest in others to check out the page more often. And there is already some great advice here!

BTW, I like the new tunes...guitarist is great and you guys seem to mesh very well together!

GOOD JOB!!!
    DW - PEARL - PDP - ZILDJIAN - EVANS - VIC FIRTH

Click for Gear Pics!

DW Collector's Series - Blue Glass - 10, 12, 14, 16, 23
    Pearl Session Custom - Green Burst - 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    PDP CX Maple - Red Glass - 12, 14, 16, 24

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    If we had centerfolds for drums,that kit would be in one of them!

User Info Menu

Thanks Everyone!!!!!!

iplaysaluda Guest

as they say...press is good press, eh? I'm not sure the type of enviornemt you live, but around here, noise violations are common. If you start making a big deal and people can hear just faint guitars and such from a distance, they come to check it out! (in theory)

i use youtube when i do drum covers. i have like 3k views on some stuff and i feel like it's getting heard. (altho its really old and that was before i learned alot of BASIC stuff haha)

now, i aint in a big band, but our theory is basically that. bring a few friends over to a practice, get the word out, get alot of people, they tell people...etc. eventually someone big enough can get you a small gig. lots of small gigs can turn into a big one, one day. and so on and so fourth (just our theory)

good luck!

btw those songs are pretty good!

User Info Menu

Hey Fred, I got an idea for ya, got this from a pro touring bassist...

"Billboard has a Euro version of their mag with all kinds of info including radio stations. Go to their website. One thing we do is radio station IDs, which get your songs played a lot more often. Find out the DJs name or show name along with the station number or name. Then make a voice over with one of your tracks. Say something like " I'm Vagus from The Stroking Bishops (or whatever) and you're listening to my good friend Enrique El Gato on Radio Madrid." Well, they love that. It makes them think they're special & guess what happens next? They play your song. We do them 20-30 at a time in our small studio & send them over the net on Mp3 files. We were virtually unknown there & got our cd on the Top Ten (Euro country charts) for 5 weeks. When we showed up for our 1st gig in Europe ever, it was a large hall in Lyon, France & it was sold out. Everyone already knew the words to our songs. They SANG them with us. It works!"

some other advice...your band myspace, well to be honest, it's junk. check out my website, I made it in about two days using the wordpress blog application. get yourselves some server space, register a domain name and build your own site, you should still have a myspace, facebook, twitter, reverbnation and any other social networking sites you can.

ok now onto the music...and I'll be 100% honest.
    I dig the tunes, great drums, great guitar tone, could use a little bump on the bass guitar but then again I really l;ike to hear the bass. However, the vocals aern't workin for me. So that's just something you'll have to work on, otherwise you have a lot of potential.
    Last edited by Quadcam79; 09-18-2009 at 11:24 AM.

http://bipolarbarbierocks.com

Quote Originally Posted by fiacovaz View Post
    Quit belly aching and just do it...no other way.
    - RIP Frank

User Info Menu

make an account and post it on purevolume.com
    great way to get views. post the link on your facebook status.

User Info Menu

Fred, your band sounds pretty good...I like everything I'm hearing except for the vocals. Its not as good as the other aspects of your music, IMHO. But, no one on this forum can really answer your question....its a 64 million dollar question. I'm in the same position, we just completed our first CD and in the process of "Getting The Word Out" ! Yeah, Rock On !!