Thread: 6 degrees

User Info Menu

Default 6 degrees

I auditioned for a classic rock cover band today and got the gig(go me)It was alot easier to play along than I had anticipated. We have our first gig the second week of sept. For the audition we played.
    What's your name
    before you accuse me
    don't ask me no questions
    lagrange
    gimme all your lovin
    sharped dress man
    I need you
    gimme three steps
    two tickets to paradise
    jamie jamie
    the end is not in site
    all along the watchtower
    red house

I think thats it, anyway had a blast and am looking forward to jammin every weekend +gigs.

User Info Menu

Default Re: 6 degrees

Nice!
    If your a good cover band, get ready for lots of work and some good paydays!

User Info Menu

I hope to keep it fun but money would be ok too. Mostly I'm just glad to be playing with some great guys

User Info Menu

That's great FT! Hope you have lots of fun.
    Matt

User Info Menu

Nice job! good luck in the new cover band

User Info Menu

Here's the list of song I have to work on for gigs.
    Attached Images Attached Images

User Info Menu

Congrats FT! That's quite a list of covers!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Thanks P/B! Acctually they want me to sing some to So I have to make up a list no longer than twenty songs that we can add to the list. I was singing while playing the other day and did exceptionally well.

User Info Menu

Congrats, FT.

Get your homework done, son!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Good Luck, FT! I hope it works out for you.

User Info Menu

Practice was awesome yesterday, We acctualy had a bass player. And my practicing really showed. Everyone was having fun with minimal timing distractions and the groove felt solid. I could see by their reactions that they noticed the improvments. I had some great fills which had been harboring me for a while. But I have been practicing with a slower tempo as to acctually learn the part and not just try to keep up with it. F/T

User Info Menu

Whoa time warp!
    So I get a call saturday night from a familiar looking number, Guess who? We had a solid 3 hour jam(been 6 months since I played last) and it went great. Kinda like riding a bike I guess. Good times!

User Info Menu

Yeah, I started reading and then saw the dates and was like..O.O

You guys going to get back together? And what happened anyway?
    Signature here

User Info Menu

All of these guys are in there 50’s and 60’s and have full time jobs. We made it 6 months before people started not caring to show up. Right now I am just happy to play once a week with a bunch of good ole boys. I have been eye balling my drum cases, thinking of putting it up,lol. Man I need to quit all this apartment living.

User Info Menu

Glad to hear you guys are giving it a go again. It was weird to see this, because I had assumed from the last post that everything was just going well.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Good Luck...maybe second time is a charm

User Info Menu

It's an interesting list of songs - it's like a short list of tried and true classics mixed in with halfway obscure tunes that would leave many people in an audience scratching their head and saying, "huh?"

The cool thing is that you guys all enjoy them and enjoy the jam time together. I hope it picks back up.
    Your = possessive - your stuff, your dog, your car, etc
    You're = you are - a contraction.

Learn it. Love it.

User Info Menu

Things where great until one day everyone called it quits. I am approaching this as an opportunity to play not as a band getting together(my hearts been broke before,lol).

This is only one guys list, i have 2 other lists as well as my own. Truth be told I usually just wing it when we jam. It’s a great time and very rewarding.