Thread: First Band Playing Drums

User Info Menu

Default First Band Playing Drums

Yesterday I called the guy who I've been playing guitar with all summer and let him know that after all our books gigs are done I won't be able to keep playing. Starting next week I'll be going back to school full time and driving 45 mins to and hour and a half away, depending on traffic, just isn't feasible anymore. So I'm talking to someone else about playing drums for him. So we are getting together for the first time on Thursday. We seem to have a lot of the same tastes in music. So I'm pretty excited about it.

User Info Menu

Default Re: First Band Playing Drums

Congrats on finding a band to play drums with, and on your return to the full time gig at school!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Congrats on finding a band to play drums with, and on your return to the full time gig at school!
    Yea...the school thing I'm really excited about. I'm also pretty excited about the new band prospects.

User Info Menu

congrats, Hope it works out for you.

User Info Menu

Me and the singer guy got on real well. He really liked how I played and I really like his songs. So I guess I'm a drummer for an indie rock band now. We have no name and he has 3 songs written...all of which I caught on to pretty easily. So now it's time to find a name and a bassist.