Thread: metal heads i need help deciphering this song

User Info Menu

Default metal heads i need help deciphering this song

Well Anyone can help me with this not just metal heads haha. Theres two fills that chris adler does in Foot to the throat that i cant pick out because he does it so fast. I couldnt find a vid of him playing it but this guy in the vid does an awesome job covering it.

At 10-11 seconds is he playing,
    splash snare snare snare splash snare snare snare?
    It sounds like hes playing triplets but it looks like hes doing it the way i said above.

Also how many times does he hit his high and medium tom after that?

On the second fill at 20-22 seconds is he playing that in triplets?

To me it looks like he does 3 snare-3 bass-3 cymbals-3 bass-2 snare-2 bass-2 tom- 2 bass-2 tom-2 bass.

If anyone feels like spending the time to do this i appreciate it. and Sorry for not using formal music talk thats just the best way i could word it.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACvzQ5tpFOg"]YouTube - Lamb of God - Foot to the Throat Drum Cover (HIGH QUALITY)[/ame]
    Last edited by mapexmetal351; 08-26-2009 at 11:33 PM.

User Info Menu

Default Re: metal heads i need help deciphering this song

not a metal head but sounds like:TRIPLETS INTO QUADS
    trying not to speak in rocket science

10 second mark C=SPLASH S=SNARE this beat follows a "tick i ta" accent where you accent the third beat no matter where you are in the progression
    CSSC SSC SSC x 2 and does a tick i ta accented eleven stroke roll down the toms

looks like he was trying to do :CsssCssCsssC tom roll (would have flowed better anyways)

20-22 o=pause
    RLRL KKKK oCC KKKK KRKLKRKL <this is tricky if you've never done it before, you use your double pedal and go right arm, right leg, left arm, left leg

could also be rlkkrlkkrlkkR in which you go right arm, left arm and then right leg, left left and repeat...its a little tricky at first since there is no rudiment to show you how to do it...it just takes total independence of your arms and legs.

good luck