Thread: Behringer RX1202FX EURORACK PRO

User Info Menu

Default Behringer RX1202FX EURORACK PRO

I have just Purchased this mixer for $200, It has good reviews and also contains all the needed inputs for my seven mic drum set. I hope to post some sound/videp clips when I get it set up. I should have everthing I need in about two weeks.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Behringer RX1202FX EURORACK PRO

Awesome! Can't wait for the vids
    Matt

User Info Menu

Nice submixer for the price. One thing you will notice about Behringer pre amps are they are a bit "tin'y" picking up the highs a little more, which is really not much of a problem with drums. I have an ADA8000 which I sent off to Black lion. The modified it and it sounds GREAT! They don't advertise modification of behringers but will do it as it is laid out almost identical to the to the Alesis . The opamp is the weak link in this rig and they are all replaced.

Question. What will be your A/D (audio-digital)interface for recording and will you padding the db prior to the XLR inputting into the submixer?
    Last edited by nucjd; 08-30-2009 at 07:22 AM.

User Info Menu

I am really green to all of this and have alot more reading to do on the matter, any opinions or info is gladly welcomed. My main intention iis to have a mixer at the kit to jack all my mics to and then feed to the bands PA.
    What all do I need to complete this process, or better yet in what order should things be connected( without any idea I was planning on running mics to the behringer to amp/PA . Is this plauseable or do I have a huge void in my thought process?
    Last edited by fumbled time; 08-30-2009 at 11:31 AM.

User Info Menu

OK the transaction hasn't gone through on the submixer so I cancelled my order, I went around today looking localy for something to get and found A YAMAHA MC 1602 mixing board for $80. I went home and looked it up on the web, read some reviews and downloaded the manual. I then went back to the store and brought my microphone and headphones and checked all the channels out. The thing worked great so i put down some cash on it and will be getting this unit instead.

NUCJD, I appreciate everything you have told me, It put me on a path/direction. I have been reading like crazy and am acctually starting to figure this stuff out.

User Info Menu

No poblemo fumbled. Let us know how it goes.

User Info Menu

Will do! I have also been reviewing recording programs. Can't wait to get this show on the road.

User Info Menu

I just bought this 16 channel mixer for $80. It's a yamaha MC 1602, And now on to my secert LAIR!
    Attached Images Attached Images

User Info Menu

Did you inform on Phantom power, needed for your condensor microphones?
    Is is switchable per channel? I can't really see it in the pics.

If this mixer is in a good shape, no cracking faders an such, then you really made a great deal!

User Info Menu

Yes it has Phantom, but not switchable per channel and it works great the only thing I found to not be 100% is the channel 6 rca input works is you only plug it in 3/4 of the way. At full it has no sound( I haven't tried the XLR input,cords will be here by fri.) and the output meters aren't working right(I will replace those myself) overall I am satisfied with the sound quality and the price I paid. Did i mention that the sound quality was awesome,lol.