Thread: Show New Replies To Your Posts

User Info Menu

Default Show New Replies To Your Posts

A few other forums I post on have a really handy feature as a link at the top of the page which shows you a list of all the threads you've posted in which have new posts in them since the last time you read each thread. It's really handy for keeping track of threads you're posting in if you're too lazy/forgetful to keep track of them manually.

Another feature that'd be handy which those forums don't have would be a follow-on ability to stop threads appearing on that list if you're no longer interested in that topic.

However, if this already exists and I've just missed it, or has been suggested before and I've also missed it, please disregard my ramblings and point me in the right direction
    Mapex Mafia

User Info Menu

Default Re: Show New Replies To Your Posts

Well if you click on the New Posts button at the top it'll give you a list of all the threads that have new posts since you last logged on. Also if you want to see it for only your own threads you can click on your name up at the top, go to the statistics page and click "All threads started by (your name)".
    Matt

User Info Menu

Hmm. The feature I'm thinking about isn't just for your own threads, it works for all threads you've posted in, and basically lists all the threads that you've posted in that have subsequent replies you've not read yet. I can see how it can be achieved by some vigorous work with Search, but it's essentially a handy laziness option. A bit like the existing New Posts function but limited only to threads you've posted in?
    Last edited by Leprechaun; 08-31-2009 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Typo :(
    Mapex Mafia

User Info Menu

Leprechaun, if you click on "User CP" on the left side of the navigation bar at the top of the page, you can find an answer to your problem. Once at the User CP, look on the left side of the page and under "Settings & Options" you can click on "Edit Options." Once there, go to the "Messaging & Notification" section and you will see an option for receiving an email notification when someone responds to a thread that you began, or has responded to a thread where you have a post. It is the "Default Thread Subscription Mode," and there is a drop box that gives you options as to when you receive the notification.

Hope this makes sense.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Ah, fantastic! Thank you!
    Mapex Mafia