Thread: i just got this....

User Info Menu

Default i just got this....

well today my dad called me up and said that i could come and pick up his guitar...

i was like "WHAT???? you know i dont play guitar"

well he said either i took it or else it would get thrown away...

so later today im going to pick it up with an amp... perhaps i should try to learn how to play that too...

p.s.

i will post pictures later....
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein
    Does this mean that drummers are insane ?

User Info Menu

Default Re: i just got this....

Congrats ....glad youre posting pics,cause you know how that old saying goes around here .....pictures or it really didnt happen .
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

Hmm...I started on guitar when I was 5. Added trumpet in 4th grade and all thru highschool. Picked up bass when I was about 20. And now I'm 30 and started drums just a few months ago.

I can't say enough how valuable the music theory I gained by playing trumpet in school has been. And before that the guitar was my "entry" into the world of instruments.

Bottom line, ain't no harm in learning more than one instrument. It's just a matter of WANTING to and dedicating the time to learn it. Guitar can be frustrating at first, but once you learn some basic chords and how to make your hand transition between them, it can be very rewarding.

You can essentially be a "one man band" if you've got the equipment to record with.

User Info Menu

I agree with TAF. There is nothing wrong with knowing another instrument. You don't have to be a pro with every one, but you can still have fun.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I'd also like to add that it would be a shame to NOT take a hand-me-down from your father. The day may come that you would regret it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post
    Congrats ....glad youre posting pics,cause you know how that old saying goes around here .....pictures or it really didnt happen .
    yeah i know... just like a computer forum, in the games section it was called "screenshots or it did'nt happen"

Quote Originally Posted by Timactionfigures View Post
    Hmm...I started on guitar when I was 5. Added trumpet in 4th grade and all thru highschool. Picked up bass when I was about 20. And now I'm 30 and started drums just a few months ago.

I can't say enough how valuable the music theory I gained by playing trumpet in school has been. And before that the guitar was my "entry" into the world of instruments.

Bottom line, ain't no harm in learning more than one instrument. It's just a matter of WANTING to and dedicating the time to learn it. Guitar can be frustrating at first, but once you learn some basic chords and how to make your hand transition between them, it can be very rewarding.

You can essentially be a "one man band" if you've got the equipment to record with.
    when i first started out i played the violin for about 1 year, that was when i was like 5 or 6... then later on i got the drums.... the guitar is the last one my father got while he was playing with "the old boys" (this is actually the name, just translated from danish where it is "de gamle drenge")

this is the one... the make is samick... it sounds kinda good... i like colour alot..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein

ThePloughman Guest

Is dad quitting the guitar?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ThePloughman View Post
    Is dad quitting the guitar?
    he did when he found out that his heart was getting weak... to bad, he was really good.... most of his other gear has been sold except for this one...

ThePloughman Guest

Hang onto that one then. Some day.....

User Info Menu

Nice guitar, but something tells me we should all gather with ropes and torches!!! lol I think you need to tell your father a lesson...

SHOW HIM YOUR DRUMMING SKILLZZZ!!
    PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY
    TERROROUS TENORS
    TAMAHOLIC
    RIP frank. You'll never be forgotten.
    Post by Yohin: "I never say anything good enough for anyone's sig."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by concrete Building View Post
    Nice guitar, but something tells me we should all gather with ropes and torches!!! lol I think you need to tell your father a lesson...

SHOW HIM YOUR DRUMMING SKILLZZZ!!
    he knows my drumming skills, before he found out about his heart he went to every show i did, even though he hates that kind of music...
    now the only ones from my family that comes every time is one of my sisters and all three of my brothers...