Thread: ddrum diablo punx 7 piece

User Info Menu

Default ddrum diablo punx 7 piece

I just sold my Tama Swingstar to upgrade to a double bass higher quality kit. Im looking at the DDRUM Diablo Punx kit. Its a gorgeous kit and it has a great price. Im strictly a metal drummer and I really like this kit. Ive heard the hardware is junk but I will be getting a Gibraltar rack anyway. Has anyone ever played/owned/liked DDRUM? I just want to get as much info as possible before a purchase.
    -Tama Swingstar
    -Pearl Joey Jordison snare
    -Iron Cobra Powerglides
    -Sabian B8: 14" hats, 12" splash, 16" crash, 18" china
    -Sabian AAX: 10" splash, 16" metal crash
    -Paiste 22" Alpha Rock Ride (awesome cymbal)

User Info Menu

Default Re: ddrum diablo punx 7 piece

jrluz14, the opinions on ddrum kits will vary around here. Some still consider them suspect due to past quality control issues, while others have only good things to say about their experience with owning ddrum drums. I would read what is offered on this thread, and then I would find a place where I could check out the drums for myself before I would buy. Of course, that is good advice no matter what drums you are buying.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Never really seen or owned one but have seen alot of threads on ddrum kits and they all offer the same advice. That the quality is better now but check out the bearing edges. Pb pretty much summed it up, best to see in person for sure

User Info Menu

thanks guys. Im looking at the Tama Superstar Hyperdrives now too. I get a little suspicious of a bad rep on a company. Tama is a win/win situation.
    -Tama Swingstar
    -Pearl Joey Jordison snare
    -Iron Cobra Powerglides
    -Sabian B8: 14" hats, 12" splash, 16" crash, 18" china
    -Sabian AAX: 10" splash, 16" metal crash
    -Paiste 22" Alpha Rock Ride (awesome cymbal)

User Info Menu

Go with the Superstars. Trust me they are a great kit. 100000X better than the Ddrums.
    To be brutally honest, the Ddrums Diablos are a step down from your Swingstars.
    Attached Images Attached Images

User Info Menu

Here's what I've found about DDrums. The ones who've never owned them are the ones carry on with the "bad reputation" on them. Most people that are dissing them, never owned them.

For those of us who've owned DDrums, they are fine drums and probably not very expensive in comparison. I gigges with a set of maple pocket 5 pc kit for a good 6 months and had nothing negative to say about them.

I can't say it'll ever be the best drumset you'll ever own, nor could anyone else. That is too subjective. In comparison say to the TAMA kit....I'm sure there is going to be a huge difference in price. Is that difference in price worth it with just a name?

I do own TAMA drums and love them. At the time I owned the ddrums, I can't say I loved them but for 1/5 the price of the TAMA's they did the same job. Held up during gigging and sounded great and were easy to mic. What more do you really want? I never had any hardware failures or shell problems.

In summary, all I can say is take the opinions you hear and be sure they are in context. I don't tend to put a lot of value in hearsay from someone without experience.

I don't endorse ddrums but have had no reason to dislike them and I have owned them. I do have experience with them and it was all positive.

Here's mine...

Signature here

User Info Menu

If you're stricly metal, I would advise against the superstars. I find that some ddrums sound great for metal, but others sound bad in general, and model doesn't seem to make the biggest difference. If I were you I would just get firsthand listening experience with the kit and decide from that.

User Info Menu

I agree with what Bish says about Ddrums, nothing wrong with the brand. But the Diablo Punx are bottom of the line Ddrums. Why move from one low end to another.

Cole why wouldnt you uses Superstars for metal music?

User Info Menu

I really like the superstars, and actually I think they're fairly versatile, but that's the thing. If I was strictly a metal drummer, the birch/basswood mix just wouldn't cut it for me. Ddrum seems to cater more specifically to that genre in particular.