Thread: Problem with "New Posts" section

User Info Menu

Default Problem with "New Posts" section

This doesn't happen all the time, but sometimes when I go to the new posts section, it lists the threads I recently replied to. So it's actually not a new post since I already read it and replied to it.
    Matt

User Info Menu

Default Re: Problem with "New Posts" section

Hey yohin, the reason it takes you to threads you have already posted in is because it in a new post by someone else. Hence(new posts). I think you had posts mixed up with new thread.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fumbled time View Post
    Hey yohin, the reason it takes you to threads you have already posted in is because it in a new post by someone else. Hence(new posts). I think you had posts mixed up with new thread.
    Nope. In the new posts section, it has a bunch of threads that say "Last posted in by yohin."

So there's actually no new replies to that thread since MY reply is still the most recent, but it still lists that thread as having unread replies.
    Matt

User Info Menu

I stand corrected!

User Info Menu

Yohin, I'll have admin look into it.

User Info Menu

What I've found to be consistant is if you leave a forum without going back to the thread listing, it shows the post as unread.

Happens to me all the time.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

yohin, thank you for your post. The forum marking is currently based on cookie inactivity. Because of this, the marking is not always entirely accurate. However, this is the least intensive process for marking posts. There is another more accurate way to do this but it is extremely resource intensive and would slow the forum down considerably.