Thread: injured drumming

User Info Menu

Default injured drumming

hey guys i recently broke my humerus and my wrist in a motocross accident. luckily its in my left arm since im a right handed drummer. i have two pins in my wrist right now that will be coming out in a month. im probably gonna have a cast for three months. coming out of this i can see my double bass, left foot hi hat, and right arm agility skills increasing a good bit.

does anyone have any tips as to what or how i can practice with my left arm being out? thanks

User Info Menu

Default Re: injured drumming

Well I don't suggest playing with the arm that's in the cast...I did that when I fractured my wrist two years ago....wasn't clever I think when you break or fracture a bone anyway, the strength in the broken limb decreases a lot, but like when I broke mine, I regained the strength very quickly, and got my drumming back on track just as quickly too.
    Mapex Drums | Zildjian and Meinl Cymbals | Evans Drumheads | Pro Mark Drum Sticks

User Info Menu

haha yea i dont plan on using that arm at all until i get my cast off. especially since my cast wont let me grip a stick. but im thinking that i can just work on getting my double bass faster/ double bass rudiments and leftfoot hi hat rudiments.

User Info Menu

MM, I am sorry to hear about your injury, but I am glad to hear that you can see the silver lining. I have a hard enough time doing the things that my own drum teacher tells me to do, so I won't even offer advice here, but I am sure you'll get plenty of good advice.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

haha just work on what you can do, alot. Look on the bright side, you will get to use your arm again, you could be like the drummer for Def Leppard and lose it completely!
    "You have to love music more then food. More than air. More than yourself."-The Wizard (August Rush)

I think I can realistically say that I will never be too old to laugh at a fart. Ever. -dave0549jv

If we give up, we will never know what we might have been. - Pastor Bob

DC Record for most users online at once! Be there or be square! http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html
    RIP Frank