Thread: Best CD Player for practice

User Info Menu

Default Best CD Player for practice

Hi all, new to the forum been lurking for a while and finding a wealth of info and similar learning curves. I have been taking lessons for about 3 months now and just purchased a kit. I am looking for a CD player that allows good playback, By this, I want one I can repeat and playback back only portions of the beats I want to learn. My current player returns to the start of the song and I have to wait to hear that one fill I'm working on. Does anyone have any suggestions or setups that works for them.

Thank you in advance.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Best CD Player for practice

Welcome to Drum Chat isurf!

I have a Tascam Guitar Trainer, that I just picked up, for slowing down CD's without changing the pitch. I haven't really tried listening to see if I can slow down the drum beats yet, but I would think that it should be able to do that. I'll let you know, as soon I have a better understanding of how to get it to do everything it can do.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Thanks Pastor Bob, I will look at the Tascam. Not to get off topic but I see you got a Gretch kit, I got the Cat club 4 piece natural finish and love it!

User Info Menu

isurf, since it's your thread, take it wherever you want! Every time I see that Jazz kit in the natural finish I have to stop and admire it. I do wish it had a clear lacquer finish to protect it, but then I guess that might have an effect on the shell's resonance. You'll have to post a pic on the "Show Us Your Drums" thread.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I saw the clear lacquer finish the other day at GC. Let me tell you, that is one thick coat of lacquer. I thought the same thing as you, how could that not effect the sound.
    Thanks for your advice and help.