Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Band (actually just 3 guys in a shed.)

User Info Menu

Default My Band (actually just 3 guys in a shed.)

Finally, we have done what we had hoped to accomplish months ago.
    Our cover of the first half of "Orion" by Metallica is on YouTube. Go and search "zanthaphobia" in the main search page look for one produced by "zanthaphobia".
    Sorry I can't get a link to you guys, I'm at school right now and YouTube is blocked, so no link.
    THIS IS OUR FIRST VIDEO AND WE DO NOT PRACTICE REGULARLY SO DON'T LAUGH.

Please leave...nice...feedback.
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."
    - Henry David Thoreau

My set: Sonor Force 2003 Fusion Kit. 16" B8 Thin Crash, 20" B8 Ride, 16" Wuhan China, 14" B8 hi-hats, 10" AAX Splash
    PDP Double bass Pedal, PDP throne.

User Info Menu

dude that was awesome.

the link so everyone doesnt have to go to youtube.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=AY5VbXKJcbE
    Band: System of a Down
    Song: Atwa

Current: four way independence

User Info Menu

Yeah - very nice. Your guitar player totally rocks out, makes it very entertaining to watch.

Good on you for playing some cool old stuff too.

User Info Menu

Thank you guys!
    I thought I was gonna get ripped! lol
    yeah thanx for putting up the link, i was excited and just had to get it on the forums.
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."
    - Henry David Thoreau

My set: Sonor Force 2003 Fusion Kit. 16" B8 Thin Crash, 20" B8 Ride, 16" Wuhan China, 14" B8 hi-hats, 10" AAX Splash

User Info Menu

Not bad...I'm not really into that type of music but hey it's pretty good....

User Info Menu

Thumbs up My Band (actually just 3 guys in a shed.)

Metallica's not generally my cup of tea, but sounds like you're off to a good start. And your guitar man's fun to watch like jobby said...he was doin' some serious rockin'!

Good job, dudes!

keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

comon dude headbang like ur guitarist !! u guys r awesum !

User Info Menu

very good

goood quality too which is nice

and IDS is right go crazy like the guitarist, half a bands talent is in the show

Diggin the dreds too or wat i thought were dreds maybe there not
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn

User Info Menu

No they are not dreds, lol but now that you mention it...
    Yeah its kinda hard to get into it when your holding back 3000 decibals of pure drum!
    But thanx you guys for your advice and feedback, we'll get somemore on this weekend.

Question: Did you guys think that the Orion By Metallica thing at the begining and the credits were cheesy?
    - Henry David Thoreau

User Info Menu

no just informative
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

User Info Menu

Okay, we are going to that everytime then, just because I think it looks nice and informative lol
    But now we are limited to what we can only jam to, because we have no singer.
    Dale (the guitarist) can sing a little bit, but naturally its going to hinder his playing.

Question #2: Could you hear the bass okay? I think it needed alot more cranking.
    - Henry David Thoreau

User Info Menu

more cranking

i love songs with more bass, the more bass the better

plus if your guitarist has an ego problem, which of course most do this will bring his ego down

cuz in my experience guitarists always wanna turn bassists down

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

User Info Menu

No he doesn't have an ego problem, he is trying to keep me from blowing up my camera with a ton of bass.
    But its kinda funny...we got a singer and a rhythm guitarist in one day!
    Really the rhythm guitarist was kinda iffy( and still is cuz we haven't heard him "jam") and the singer is the old singer from my old band who quit for..wait I don't know why he quit....
    Oh well...

Question #3:
    Should I get one of those plexi-glass drum shields so I can go crazy but keep the volume down?
    - Henry David Thoreau

User Info Menu

Not bad at all, you can't really go wrong with such a great song, I think I was most impressed with the bassist, you were all really good, but the bassist stood out for me, very cool guys.

User Info Menu

the intro thing, should have something more like your band name playing whatever your playing, like zanthaphobia covering metallica's Orion, get your name out there.

User Info Menu

OMG! Oops I forgot to mention that Zanthaphobia isn't our band name, its just our channel.
    I don't know about you but "the fear of Yellow" doesn't sound near as cool as Audiometry.

We are not worried about a name near as much we are worried about getting our skills up and writing our own stuff.
    - Henry David Thoreau

User Info Menu

lol, Cool man it is just good since you are working so hard on your sounds and writing, people should be able to associate that to a name, it is called planting a seed, give them a name, write your awesome songs, and then when you are ready to present those songs, they will recognize your name a say HELL YEA, I am going to go see them, has worked great for us.

User Info Menu

Yeah well that would be easy but..
    Mi no habla ingles!
    lol
    Seriously, we have trying to think of a name forever! And it is making my brain fry! I thought of one once: Overdose
    But Dale and Josh(bassist) shot that one down.
    - Henry David Thoreau

User Info Menu

you should name your band candlelight chaos, I thnk that is just a sick name, I love it, very catchy, very cool, what do you think of that.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ddrumbum
    you should name your band candlelight chaos, I thnk that is just a sick name, I love it, very catchy, very cool, what do you think of that.
    I agree, Candlelight Chaos is a perfect name for a metal band.

User Info Menu

I threw that by them once, I think...

Can't remember if they said it was good or bad... I'll talk to then this weekend and see what they think.

In the mean time, help me think of a name people! lol
    - Henry David Thoreau

User Info Menu

how about "the cheese machines" ??

User Info Menu

The name of Your band reflects alot of what type of music You play,And the overall vibe of the Band.My bands name is "This Tragic Ending"...And we play a unique Post-Hardcore/Emo/Hardcore type of music.So pick a name that will reflect the type of music You play.I mean I have plently of names like Ablissful Ending,Etc...Alot of stuff like that but I don't think thats what Your looking for.Also Don't buy the drum shield,It would be a waste if You are ever going to play live or if the other band members ever get Half stacks....

User Info Menu

I'm not a huge fan of the whole emo community, in fact most of the emos I know are sad, stupid, "feel sorry for me", and cut themselves!(which I think is about as sick as you can get besides woman beating) and they (meaning the ones I know) are always complaining about how life sucks for them and their girlfriend of boyfriend broke up with them and they can't get over it and......OMG! It makes me wanna scream at the top of my lungs at them: "GET OVER IT!!"

But that's just me, and again that is only the ones I know and there are good and bad people in every kind of group.
    - Henry David Thoreau

User Info Menu

Candlelight I completely agree, they all need prozac or something, I mean come on, life can be hard at times, but you don't need to dwell on it, and live your life according to the saddest part of it, seriously I hate Emo, Hardcore music, they all sound the same, just a bunch of noise and some dude screaming at the top of his voice, that kind of music in my opinion displays ZERO talent and no creative appeal whatsoever, anybody can pick up an instrument and bang, scream and yell and call it emo or hardcore, ANYBODY.

But like candlelight chaos said " But that's just me, and again that is only the ones I know and there are good and bad people in every kind of group", but mainly just emo, and hardcore.