Page 133 of 234 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183233 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,325 of 5835

Thread: Post Your Bird's-Eye View/Driver's Seat Kit Pics!!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Post Your Bird's-Eye View/Driver's Seat Kit Pics!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn76 View Post
    New picture of mine since I got a few new cymbals and new ride.

Monster of a kit, I love it!
    DW - PEARL - PDP - ZILDJIAN - EVANS - VIC FIRTH

Click for Gear Pics!

DW Collector's Series - Blue Glass - 10, 12, 14, 16, 23
    Pearl Session Custom - Green Burst - 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    PDP CX Maple - Red Glass - 12, 14, 16, 24

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    If we had centerfolds for drums,that kit would be in one of them!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RHD03 View Post
    Monster of a kit, I love it!
    It's fun to sit behind and play.Out of the 3 kits I have owned in 4 years,this one has been the one I have liked the most. I'm still not done with it like I thought I was. I have been looking at a few things I can add that I haven't had on my past kits.
    When I started this kit,it wasn't suppose to be this big lol.
    8pc Tama Superstar Classic Maple
    Sabian and Zildjian Cymbals

User Info Menu

When I started this kit,it wasn't suppose to be this big lol.
    HA! That's what we all say! lol

What else are you looking to add?? Those Yamaha Stage Customs are great drums, and I can just imagine how killer the birch shells sound! Are you using a rack? Looks like you can barely see it through the cymbals. Again, nice kit!

When I bought my SMX, it was a simple 2 up, 1 down shell pack. Then I ordered a 16" FT, then after a while the 8" tom was ordered, and so on. But yes I agree, bigger kits are a blast to sit behind and play, so many options.

Now it looks like this:

[/QUOTE]

Click for Gear Pics!

User Info Menu

HA! That's what we all say! lol

What else are you looking to add?? Those Yamaha Stage Customs are great drums, and I can just imagine how killer the birch shells sound! Are you using a rack? Looks like you can barely see it through the cymbals. Again, nice kit!

When I bought my SMX, it was a simple 2 up, 1 down shell pack. Then I ordered a 16" FT, then after a while the 8" tom was ordered, and so on. But yes I agree, bigger kits are a blast to sit behind and play, so many options.

Now it looks like this:

[/QUOTE]

Nice looking kit.

Heck yeah I use a rack!No way I would get everything in place using stands. I have the Pearl DR 80 rack,the bars are smaller then the Icon rack.
    I have my 8 and 10 on a stand and the 12 and 13 toms on the BD,so the rack is holding most of the cymbals.
    I was thinking of adding a few Octobans and a 16x16 FT since my 16 is only 14 deep,I'd put the old FT on the left with the 14 FT. Really like to find a 20" FT!
    Also wanting to add a few more splashes and 20" HHX China (used to have one and miss it)to the mix. Also need to find another rack like mine so I can add on to my rack,who knows what the future holds with this kit,might become a wrap around kit sooner or later.
    Forgot looking at a 24" BD and putting the 22" up for later use.

User Info Menu

Nice looking kit.

Heck yeah I use a rack!No way I would get everything in place using stands. I have the Pearl DR 80 rack,the bars are smaller then the Icon rack.
    I have my 8 and 10 on a stand and the 12 and 13 toms on the BD,so the rack is holding most of the cymbals.
    I was thinking of adding a few Octobans and a 16x16 FT since my 16 is only 14 deep,I'd put the old FT on the left with the 14 FT. Really like to find a 20" FT!
    Also wanting to add a few more splashes and 20" HHX China (used to have one and miss it)to the mix. Also need to find another rack like mine so I can add on to my rack,who knows what the future holds with this kit,might become a wrap around kit sooner or later.
    Forgot looking at a 24" BD and putting the 22" up for later use.[/QUOTE]

How does the DR 80 hold up? Octos would be cool, thought about adding something similar to mine, or possibly some of the DW piccolo toms.
    Forget the 20" FT and go for a Gong Drum!! lol
    And if you can find a 24" kick drum, just put the 22" out to the side as a "side kick", I've seen guys do this and it looks pretty cool...and it can be accessed with a remote pedal. Or you can go with a standard double bass drum set up, I've also seen guys use two different sizes for their double kick set ups...not sure why you wouldn't want them both to be the same size though.

Click for Gear Pics!

User Info Menu

Nice looking kit.

Forgot looking at a 24" BD and putting the 22" up for later use.

How does the DR 80 hold up? Octos would be cool, thought about adding something similar to mine, or possibly some of the DW piccolo toms.
    Forget the 20" FT and go for a Gong Drum!! lol
    And if you can find a 24" kick drum, just put the 22" out to the side as a "side kick", I've seen guys do this and it looks pretty cool...and it can be accessed with a remote pedal. Or you can go with a standard double bass drum set up, I've also seen guys use two different sizes for their double kick set ups...not sure why you wouldn't want them both to be the same size though.[/QUOTE]

The DR 80 holds up well.Just as strong as an Icon rack IMO.I let a friend use my kit last night for a gig and he was standing on it and it held up.
    I only use single bass and want something different then the usual 22" bass.I don't really have room for 2 Bass drums,I could make room but it'd be impossible to get behind my kit,maybe a pool ladder would help lol.
    Ya a gong drum would work LOL! I am looking at ways to add the Octobans into my set up.I know where a set of 2 Tama high pitched ones are for $150 with stand,but I'd have to mount them to my rack for space saving reasons. I was thinking I could put them on the left above and behind the hats but haven't sit and really looked yet,been a busy week.

User Info Menu

The DR 80 holds up well.Just as strong as an Icon rack IMO.I let a friend use my kit last night for a gig and he was standing on it and it held up.
    I only use single bass and want something different then the usual 22" bass.I don't really have room for 2 Bass drums,I could make room but it'd be impossible to get behind my kit,maybe a pool ladder would help lol.
    Ya a gong drum would work LOL! I am looking at ways to add the Octobans into my set up.I know where a set of 2 Tama high pitched ones are for $150 with stand,but I'd have to mount them to my rack for space saving reasons. I was thinking I could put them on the left above and behind the hats but haven't sit and really looked yet,been a busy week.
    I hear ya on wanting a different size kick, I like having different sizes myself. My Pearls are 22, my DWs are 23, and the PDPs are 24. I like having one kick drum too but every once in a while I look on eBay for a second 22" kick for my Pearls...but that being said, I would need another section of rack to make it work lol.
    Why was your friend standing on your rack? I'd have to hurt someone if they did that to mine haha.
    Right above the hi hats is where I see most people positioning their octos, but as long as they are comfortable to reach and make sense to you that's all that really matters. All we ask for is pics of the progress!

Click for Gear Pics!

User Info Menu

I hear ya on wanting a different size kick, I like having different sizes myself. My Pearls are 22, my DWs are 23, and the PDPs are 24. I like having one kick drum too but every once in a while I look on eBay for a second 22" kick for my Pearls...but that being said, I would need another section of rack to make it work lol.
    Why was your friend standing on your rack? I'd have to hurt someone if they did that to mine haha.
    Right above the hi hats is where I see most people positioning their octos, but as long as they are comfortable to reach and make sense to you that's all that really matters. All we ask for is pics of the progress!
    He's crazy lol. I trust him and if something would of broke he would of paid for it.I've known him for 20 years so I have a lot of trust in him not to kill anything on my kit when I let him use it. Hell,when I was playing Highway to Hell he was on walking across the bar singing it. I wasn't paying attention to him while I was playing,I had my eyes elsewhere so I missed him running around the bar acting like his crazy self. I've only taken my kit out 3 times,2 gigs with him and a jam session he couldn't make and the band needed drums.
    He also is the one who got me playing drums and has taught me some things I wouldn't of had a chance to learn otherwise. Plus I like seeing him drool over my kit.He uses a pdp kit and isn't having very good luck with it,the hardware doesn't seem to be so great so last week was the first time I let him use it since his was down and he didn't have the time to fix his or get his Ludwig kit set up for playing since he retired it a few years ago after 20 years of gigging it. This week it was my idea to bring my kit out and use it.He used the pdps the night before somewhere else and since I was going I figured WTH might as well take mine and hear them played out one last time.
    I won't be taking them out of the house again unless he has no other options. It's to much on my back to tear down and load them in the car,not to mention it takes every inch of my car to put my kit in and I have a small SUV type car.
    I have limited time to see live music so I am taking every chance I have now to do so,I have a baby on the way so my going out days are close to over with.

User Info Menu

I think I probably joined Drum Chat after the addition of the 8" tom on the Pearl SMX. This was back when I was still mainly using the Pearl 14"X6.5" Ultracast snare instead of the Pearl 14"X5.5" Masters snare that I use with this kit now. Since this picture was taken, I've switched out some of the cymbals, added a 4th crash, 8" tom, a 3rd splash, switched out the DW 5000 pedals for a set of the Pearl Eliminators...and just tweeked the overall positioning of everything. Anyways, this was the SMX almost 4 years ago.

Click for Gear Pics!

User Info Menu

He's crazy lol. I trust him and if something would of broke he would of paid for it.I've known him for 20 years so I have a lot of trust in him not to kill anything on my kit when I let him use it. Hell,when I was playing Highway to Hell he was on walking across the bar singing it. I wasn't paying attention to him while I was playing,I had my eyes elsewhere so I missed him running around the bar acting like his crazy self. I've only taken my kit out 3 times,2 gigs with him and a jam session he couldn't make and the band needed drums.
    He also is the one who got me playing drums and has taught me some things I wouldn't of had a chance to learn otherwise. Plus I like seeing him drool over my kit.He uses a pdp kit and isn't having very good luck with it,the hardware doesn't seem to be so great so last week was the first time I let him use it since his was down and he didn't have the time to fix his or get his Ludwig kit set up for playing since he retired it a few years ago after 20 years of gigging it. This week it was my idea to bring my kit out and use it.He used the pdps the night before somewhere else and since I was going I figured WTH might as well take mine and hear them played out one last time.
    I won't be taking them out of the house again unless he has no other options. It's to much on my back to tear down and load them in the car,not to mention it takes every inch of my car to put my kit in and I have a small SUV type car.
    I have limited time to see live music so I am taking every chance I have now to do so,I have a baby on the way so my going out days are close to over with.
    Well, what are good friends for? lol. As long as you trust him then it's all good. Sounds like he's a really entertaining guy to hang around. And congrats on the baby on the way! Hey, I have a 5 and a 6 year old son. Just because you become a Dad it doesn't mean you have to stop playing out. I'm not saying it's easy, but my wife is amazing when it comes to supporting what I love to do. I'm usually in more than 1 project at a time, and up until a couple weeks ago I was out of town a lot on the weekends. It's very draining, work full time, practice during the week and gigs on the weekends...but I made her a promise that when I'm home, I'm HOME. So I put alot of time into the family when I'm at the house...help her with the kids, cleaning and making meals, etc. We have a good balance and it's working out well, plus I get to do what I love most.

Click for Gear Pics!

User Info Menu

Well, what are good friends for? lol. As long as you trust him then it's all good. Sounds like he's a really entertaining guy to hang around. And congrats on the baby on the way! Hey, I have a 5 and a 6 year old son. Just because you become a Dad it doesn't mean you have to stop playing out. I'm not saying it's easy, but my wife is amazing when it comes to supporting what I love to do. I'm usually in more than 1 project at a time, and up until a couple weeks ago I was out of town a lot on the weekends. It's very draining, work full time, practice during the week and gigs on the weekends...but I made her a promise that when I'm home, I'm HOME. So I put alot of time into the family when I'm at the house...help her with the kids, cleaning and making meals, etc. We have a good balance and it's working out well, plus I get to do what I love most.
    This will be my 3rd child. I have a 9 and 15 year old I have full custody of. I'm with someone else now and she has a 6 year old and now one on the way,I'm going to have to be here more.I'm not in a band and really don't want that hassle,I just like being able to play a song here or there with his band and giving him a chance to get out from behind the drums to sing. He sings and plays at the same time,not sure how he does it at his level of playing but he pulls it off. I've seen a lot of good drummers around here and not saying this because he is a good friend,but he is one of the best around here. His playing is out of this world,he has great stage presence and the main thing,he has fun and really enjoys what he does. even after over 30 years,he still is very energetic behind the kit. I don't know how much longer he will be playing,maybe a few more years,his health is going downhill some so he may be done in a few years. He has a 30" Paiste Gong I've been wanting to steal but he hasn't been cooperating with the idea lol. I'm sure one day it will be passed on to me when he is finished.He knows I'll give it a good home.

User Info Menu

This will be my 3rd child. I have a 9 and 15 year old I have full custody of. I'm with someone else now and she has a 6 year old and now one on the way,I'm going to have to be here more.I'm not in a band and really don't want that hassle,I just like being able to play a song here or there with his band and giving him a chance to get out from behind the drums to sing. He sings and plays at the same time,not sure how he does it at his level of playing but he pulls it off. I've seen a lot of good drummers around here and not saying this because he is a good friend,but he is one of the best around here. His playing is out of this world,he has great stage presence and the main thing,he has fun and really enjoys what he does. even after over 30 years,he still is very energetic behind the kit. I don't know how much longer he will be playing,maybe a few more years,his health is going downhill some so he may be done in a few years. He has a 30" Paiste Gong I've been wanting to steal but he hasn't been cooperating with the idea lol. I'm sure one day it will be passed on to me when he is finished.He knows I'll give it a good home.
    Sounds like you have a full house! I could understand needing to be home more. Especially since you don't really want to be in a band. As long as you don't give up playing and you are having fun with it that's all that really matters! Sorry to hear about your friend's health problems, Hopefully he will be able to play for many years to come. The gong sounds like a good time too! lol

Click for Gear Pics!

User Info Menu

Sounds like you have a full house! I could understand needing to be home more. Especially since you don't really want to be in a band. As long as you don't give up playing and you are having fun with it that's all that really matters! Sorry to hear about your friend's health problems, Hopefully he will be able to play for many years to come. The gong sounds like a good time too! lol
    She understands my love for playing.At first she wasn't to cool about me shelling out money on the kit,but she sees how much I enjoy it and let's me do whatever now as long as I keep everything paid up. She went out with me last night for a few hours but had to leave,wasn't feeling well. I use Hot rods sticks sometimes so the noise isn't as loud and she can deal with that,but I can't use them all the time.I have to make some noise!
    She didn't complain about me dropping $140 on the 2 new cymbals today.I was suppose to trade my 16" crash for the cymbals but I couldn't part with it.I just gave him his asking price.The 14" crash looks like it was barely hit,the ozone is in good shape so I didn't hesitate buying them.I think he was upset I changed my mind about giving up the 16 but I have a cymbal addiction lol.
    Ya I hope he has another 20 years in him,hate to see him stop playing at all.He has a lot of talent and it'd be a shame if he had to stop.I'd be understandable since he has been doing it for so long,it takes a toll on your body.People who don't play drums don't know how physical it can get.

User Info Menu

She understands my love for playing.At first she wasn't to cool about me shelling out money on the kit,but she sees how much I enjoy it and let's me do whatever now as long as I keep everything paid up. She went out with me last night for a few hours but had to leave,wasn't feeling well. I use Hot rods sticks sometimes so the noise isn't as loud and she can deal with that,but I can't use them all the time.I have to make some noise!
    She didn't complain about me dropping $140 on the 2 new cymbals today.I was suppose to trade my 16" crash for the cymbals but I couldn't part with it.I just gave him his asking price.The 14" crash looks like it was barely hit,the ozone is in good shape so I didn't hesitate buying them.I think he was upset I changed my mind about giving up the 16 but I have a cymbal addiction lol.
    Ya I hope he has another 20 years in him,hate to see him stop playing at all.He has a lot of talent and it'd be a shame if he had to stop.I'd be understandable since he has been doing it for so long,it takes a toll on your body.People who don't play drums don't know how physical it can get.
    Yeah, I understand having a hard time parting wih cymbals! Cool that your wife is supportive, some aren't.

Click for Gear Pics!

User Info Menu

DW Collectors Series
    Black Satin Oil
    10", 12", 14", 20"
    Chad Smith Signature Snare**
    14" AA Hats
    14" HHX Crash
    18" Zildjian A Crash (MT) X 2
    18" HHX Evo Ozone
    21" HH Raw Bell Dry Ride (not pictured)

** I love that snare drum.

The servant of the song is the master.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger to Reason View Post

DW Collectors Series
    Black Satin Oil
    10", 12", 14", 20"
    14" AA Hats
    14" HHX Crash
    18" HHX Evo Ozone

Sweet set-up! Good to have you back on the forum.

User Info Menu

In the workshop where I usually play Wednesdays there's a wheeled ladder similar to those in big box stores. I couldn't resist the safest and best opportunity to snap a few new shots tonight.

Oh, and I returned the K Custom Dry Ride for an A Sweet, and tonight was my first chance to try it out at length. It's much better for my needs!

A simple, elegant design is good engineering.

Axis | Ayotte | Evans | Gibraltar | Ludwig | Pro-Mark | Remo | Roc-N-Soc | SKB | Taye | Vic Firth | Whitney| Yamaha | Zildjian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MrB View Post
    In the workshop where I usually play Wednesdays there's a wheeled ladder similar to those in big box stores. I couldn't resist the safest and best opportunity to snap a few new shots tonight.

Oh, and I returned the K Custom Dry Ride for an A Sweet, and tonight was my first chance to try it out at length. It's much better for my needs!

I must say, I think this is one of the most beautiful drum sets I've ever seen. I don't know what it is, but for real. I'm really really loving it.
    Kits:
    -C&C Player Date 13/16/22
    -65' Ludwig Super Classic 13/16/22

Snares:
    -DW Nickel Over Brass 6.5x14 snare
    -Ludwig Black Galaxy Acrolite 5x14 snare
    -Ludwig 65' Super Classic 5x14 snare
    -Ludwig 64' Pioneer 5x14 snare
    -PDP Classic Wood hoop 6x14 snare

Rides:
    -Zildjian 22" Constantinople
    -Zildjian 22" Kerope
    -Zildjian 20" Constantinople
    Hats:
    -17" A Medium crash over K custom dark crash

-DW 9000 pedals

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by isaacvining View Post
    I must say, I think this is one of the most beautiful drum sets I've ever seen. I don't know what it is, but for real. I'm really really loving it.
    Thank you, sir! Your DWs are certainly nothing to sneeze at, either.

I have a few tweeks to make here and there, but overall it's coming along nicely. I've taken great care to make sure the setup is efficient and flowing, and what I do buy is as versatile as it gets. I also try to properly care for what I am lucky to have.
    A simple, elegant design is good engineering.

Axis | Ayotte | Evans | Gibraltar | Ludwig | Pro-Mark | Remo | Roc-N-Soc | SKB | Taye | Vic Firth | Whitney| Yamaha | Zildjian

User Info Menu

Epic.

Love the efficiency as well as the eye appeal. Well done!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

More studio time!

Kits:
    -C&C Player Date 13/16/22
    -65' Ludwig Super Classic 13/16/22

Snares:
    -DW Nickel Over Brass 6.5x14 snare
    -Ludwig Black Galaxy Acrolite 5x14 snare
    -Ludwig 65' Super Classic 5x14 snare
    -Ludwig 64' Pioneer 5x14 snare
    -PDP Classic Wood hoop 6x14 snare

Rides:
    -Zildjian 22" Constantinople
    -Zildjian 22" Kerope
    -Zildjian 20" Constantinople
    Hats:
    -17" A Medium crash over K custom dark crash

-DW 9000 pedals

User Info Menu

MrB, does that Sweet Ride have the 2 rivets in it? Is it a 19". I have been curious how those sound and if you like it.
    Ludwig Classic Maple vintage 1980 Silver Sparkle
    Ludwig Classic Maple vintage 1960 Gold Sparkle
    Ludwig Classic Maple vintage 1968 Champagne Sparkle
    Premier Resonators vintage 70's Polychromatic Red
    Slingerland 60's Vintage. Vintage Sky Blue Pearl
    Slingerland 1972 "Avante" Red
    Camco Chanute vintage. 1973 Silver Sparkle
    Gretsch Catalina Jazz. Blue Pearl
    Sonor Safari. Black Galaxy
    Rogers Londoner V vintage. 1977 Silver Mist
    Rogers Script Badge 9/72 1972 Black Nitro
    Beverley of England 4 piece vintage. Red
    Stewart 1966 Black Diamond Pearl MIJ
    Vintage Paiste 2002
    Vintage Avedis Zildjian

User Info Menu

Really nice man. Clean set up. Looks fun.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger to Reason View Post

DW Collectors Series
    Black Satin Oil
    10", 12", 14", 20"
    14" AA Hats
    14" HHX Crash
    18" HHX Evo Ozone

That's a nice, tight setup STR. Great shot! It looks like maybe you used a side rail for the front to narrow the footprint some, with the front rail going down the left side. Is that an illusion, or is that accurate?
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

That's a visually stunning kit MrB, and that sweet ride is a nice choice.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!