Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My band, Audiometry

User Info Menu

Default My band, Audiometry

Hello, well here is my current band Audiometry.

Band Members<p>

Mark Burton(Lead Guitars, Vox)<p>
    Kevin Alcombrack(drums)<p>
    Jason Bruse(Bass)<p>
    In Need of(Rthymn Guitar)<p>

Audiometry is a musical roller coaster, with a mixture of Alternative Rock, Blues, Progressive Rock, and Neo Classical Instrumental Music, influenced by bands like Tool, Porcupine Tree, Dream Theater, Metallica and many, many more.<p>

This Band formed from the ashes of a former band called Stompbox consisting of members Mark Burton(lead Guitar, Vox), Kevin Alcombrack(drums), Jason Swank(rhythm Guitar), and Adam Gordon(Bass).<p>

Stompbox eventually broke up, with members moving out of town, and in other musical directions, after several years have gone by Mark Burton and Kevin Alcombrack reunite to form a new band Called AUDIOMETRY .<p>

With both Mark and Kevin having very similar taste in music, we decided to get together and jam some stuff Mark has already written, and in doing so Kevin enlisted a young talented Bass player by the name of Jason Bruce, we all got together and new from that moment we had started something great, something new. With Shows already being booked, we are now working on new material, we are also going to be recording a new 3-4 song demo, and are ready to make a name for ourselves in the music world.

[/b]
    Last edited by Pdplayer; 02-17-2007 at 09:31 PM.

User Info Menu

yo they're so good

love the songs

great prog rock
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn

User Info Menu

thanks again AMP

User Info Menu

so why did ur guitarist do all the work tho why didnt u do the drums and stuff
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

User Info Menu

oh and wen are u adding vox

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

User Info Menu

That was a demo Mark made prior to me joining, we are currently working on our first EP, I will let you know, when it is done, those songs I posted are a great taste of what is to come.
    Last edited by Pdplayer; 02-15-2007 at 01:01 PM.

User Info Menu

DUDE...
    That totally blows my group out of the water... my self-esteem just dropped to suicide level lol...

How did you guys record all this stuff? Did you guys do it yourself? Or did you do it in a studio? It sounds really professional!

Keep kickin butt! I send you a myspace friends request.
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."
    - Henry David Thoreau

My set: Sonor Force 2003 Fusion Kit. 16" B8 Thin Crash, 20" B8 Ride, 16" Wuhan China, 14" B8 hi-hats, 10" AAX Splash
    PDP Double bass Pedal, PDP throne.

User Info Menu

thanks man, actually Mark did all of it, he has several programs on his computer, and he is a brain, when it comes to that sort of stuff, makes it nice for the rest of us, keep checking the website, we are making a new EP as we speak, it will really blow your mind(I hope)

User Info Menu

Seeing that It probably will!!
    lol!
    Can't wait to hear it though!
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."
    - Henry David Thoreau

My set: Sonor Force 2003 Fusion Kit. 16" B8 Thin Crash, 20" B8 Ride, 16" Wuhan China, 14" B8 hi-hats, 10" AAX Splash

User Info Menu

ya man i have been listening to you guys for like an hour straight

you guys are insane

or at least mark is, once you add some insane drumming it will be taken to the next level, and if you guys sing well then thats just plain crazy

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

User Info Menu

Thank you so much, I think I set it up to where you can download them to, let me know

User Info Menu

Very nice, mate. He's certainly going off all over the fretboard.

But yeah, he definitely needs your drumming - at the moment it's a bit stop/start in place, which kind of loses the groove a bit.

I've no doubt that you'll ramp it up another couple of notches.

User Info Menu

Yea I can't wait for you all to hear me playing on those songs and the new ones, I think you will all dig it.

User Info Menu

I'm not an uber fan of electro kits.
    Now I'm cool with having a few electro pad to get some weird sounds and drum toys sounds, but a whole electro set...I'll take it... but I'll sell it on ebay.
    - Henry David Thoreau

User Info Menu

my thought exactly candlelight chaos, I hate them, to be honest.

User Info Menu

I know this is totally off topic but...
    How long have you guys been playing together as a band?
    - Henry David Thoreau

User Info Menu

Mark and I have been playing together for about 5-6 years, we met while working at eagle hardware and garden, one of our mutual friends hooked us up, we jammed once together and the rest is history, our old band is called down one(or stombox), if you are interested you can check us out at www.garageband.com/downone let me know.
    Last edited by Pdplayer; 02-15-2007 at 01:03 PM.

User Info Menu

Keep in mind we have changed alot since then, and our recording technology has greatly improved also.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Candlelight Chaos
    I'm not an uber fan of electro kits.
    Now I'm cool with having a few electro pad to get some weird sounds and drum toys sounds, but a whole electro set...I'll take it... but I'll sell it on ebay.
    You really need to check out the Roland kits and see where the technology is at.

I do all my practice on the electronic kit. It's as fast and responsive as anything I've ever played, and the sound options are astounding. I can switch from an extremely real sounding jazz kit to a gigantic booming stadium rock set-up in the blink of an eye.

The imitations of acoustic kits are unbelievable, and the extra options for sampling, sequencing, recording and playback are insane.

The dynamics are great (and customisable) and EVERYTHING is customisable. I can practice any hour of the day or night (with headphones). It's easily transportable, I use it to practice (relatively quietly) in people's living rooms.

Seriously, don't write off electronic kits without seeing what they can do.

Naturally I love playing on a big acoustic kit, but there's no way I'm going to turn my nose up at the options that are out there now.

User Info Menu

I have an electric kit to just practice on at home cause it is quite, but I am sorry NOTHING beats a good Acoustic kit, no sampling will ever produce the superior sound of an Acoustic set of drums, not to mention the feeling you get when you play on an Acoustic kit, it is so much better than hitting plastic or fabric, there is really no comparison, electric kits have really come along way, but they still just don't do anything for me.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ddrumbum
    I have an electric kit to just practice on at home cause it is quite, but I am sorry NOTHING beats a good Acoustic kit, no sampling will ever produce the superior sound of an Acoustic set of drums, not to mention the feeling you get when you play on an Acoustic kit, it is so much better than hitting plastic or fabric, there is really no comparison, electric kits have really come along way, but they still just don't do anything for me.
    Everything in its right place.

I seriously don't get the whole "acoustic kits are better than electric - this type of music is better than that type - this drummer is better than that drummer" thing. There's a time and place for everything.

"superior" sound of acoustic drums? Which drums, in what music and where? It all depends on context. Techno without complex electronic sounds is wasted. Organic old-school jazz wouldn't work with a clunky hip-hop electro-set up.

Yes, acoustic kits obviously do things that electric kits can't, but the opposite applies: electric kits can do things that acoustic kits can't. It's worse than comparing apples and oranges, more like comparing apples and doorframes.

I understand that you dig acoustic drums - we all do. But that's no reason to write off a piece of technology that holds so much creative potential.

User Info Menu

I said I have an electric kit, but I just use it for practicing, there is endless possibilities, but I just don't like them, simple as that.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jobby
    Everything in its right place.

I seriously don't get the whole "acoustic kits are better than electric - this type of music is better than that type - this drummer is better than that drummer" thing. There's a time and place for everything.

"superior" sound of acoustic drums? Which drums, in what music and where? It all depends on context. Techno without complex electronic sounds is wasted. Organic old-school jazz wouldn't work with a clunky hip-hop electro-set up.

Yes, acoustic kits obviously do things that electric kits can't, but the opposite applies: electric kits can do things that acoustic kits can't. It's worse than comparing apples and oranges, more like comparing apples and doorframes.

I understand that you dig acoustic drums - we all do. But that's no reason to write off a piece of technology that holds so much creative potential.

...Jobby has a major point.
    - Henry David Thoreau

User Info Menu

I think so to, electric drums can be used for so many things, and they have come very far, the sounds are very close to the real thing, I guess my main thing is I will NEVER replace my acoustic drums or substitute them for electric, they are just not fun to play, again this is just my opinion.

User Info Menu

Well you are entitle to your opinion and I'm not going to try to change that.

Back to the Subject or how much butt ddrumbum's band kicks!
    - Henry David Thoreau