Thread: Yamaha Hexrack- review wanted!

User Info Menu

Default Yamaha Hexrack- review wanted!

hey just wondering if anyone out there owns a yamaha hexrack? if so could you comment and review on it? pros and cons, i havent seen any reviews on it anywhere and im looking for a review
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Default Re: Yamaha Hexrack- review wanted!

I don't have a review on the rack, but it looks pretty sturdy. I'm planning on getting a rack for when I upgrade my drum kit.
    - Zack

User Info Menu

I would think the "hex" feature has got to be better than "tubular" due to having more to grip... as in non-slip.

User Info Menu

would the pearl icon compare with this? from what i hear its non slip as well
    I wish I was your wife

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

I own the hex rack and currently use it on my DTXtreme RHP real wood shell e-kit. I 've got to say it is the finest rack I've ever owned or used...honestly I can't really find anything I don't like about it...it's extremely durable, considering its mass, it is lightweight...basically its typical Yamaha...ie., bullet proof!...I've attached a pic of my kit with it...if you have any questions in particular pm me....I also own the older Yamaha super rack...using it on my acoustic kits...

User Info Menu

why is the thing so darn expensive
    I wish I was your wife

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    why is the thing so darn expensive
    Can't really answer that...other than to say it is a very well built/made product that is IMO better than anything currently on the market...by quite a margin!..that being said, the price on the rack has come down since since its introduction..you can currently get the HXR3L (3 legged rack) for $499. This rack originally sold for $649....and if you shop around you might be able to get it a little cheaper than that....I bought two of these racks (HXR3L) for just under $800 (out the door) from GC a while back and I'm currently building up a second one (with what I had left over from the two) for my acoustic kit (to replace my super rack)...can you say "beat this price"...I have found that the IM and M123/MF have minor differences in price that you can use to get a little better price...also check out RMC Audio...they generally beat everyone's price.....good luck....also the HXR2L is now $399

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by scorch whammin View Post
    Can't really answer that...other than to say it is a very well built/made product that is IMO better than anything currently on the market...by quite a margin!..that being said, the price on the rack has come down since since its introduction..you can currently get the HXR3L (3 legged rack) for $499. This rack originally sold for $649....and if you shop around you might be able to get it a little cheaper than that....I bought two of these racks (HXR3L) for just under $800 (out the door) from GC a while back and I'm currently building up a second one (with what I had left over from the two) for my acoustic kit (to replace my super rack)...can you say "beat this price"...I have found that the IM and M123/MF have minor differences in price that you can use to get a little better price...also check out RMC Audio...they generally beat everyone's price.....good luck....also the HXR2L is now $399
    Correction from my last post....you can now get the HXR2L for $299 and the HXR3L for $399..... great prices on a very good rack system!