Thread: Lesizmor

User Info Menu

Default Lesizmor

I just wanted to let everyone know that Lesizmor was banned today. We have had trouble with him on and off for a long time and were recently receiving complaints again. Upon addressing certain issues with him through PM tonight, he was very defiant and even resorted to name calling. I had to make the decision to ban him. It's no secret that I don't like to do this but every once in a while, members leave us with no other choice. I will not be treated that way when I try so very hard to be patient and tolerant with members here.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Lesizmor

Total Drag!

all the best...

User Info Menu

Is he banned permanently?
    Matt

User Info Menu

There have been banned members who make new names.
    -Reuben

SABIAN SQUAD
    ^^^SGD'S EVANS EMPIRE^^^
    RIP Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by defcon235 View Post
    There have been banned members who make new names.

I.P. address can be read to prevent this.

User Info Menu

i was blown away while reading this thread, but we all need to understand that keeping our cool is very important sometimes. i witnessed, and i understand that things got heated, but we cant let that get the best of us. the long term members here are a tight knit community, and nobody should ever be in the position where they feel like they need to lash out to that extent. I have learned that most banned members typically have more freinds than enemies here, and that thought should be in the mind of every single member on this forum while they post. remember, we are all here because we were all searching the internet for knowledge on drums. we really need to respect each others opinions even if we dont agree with them.

we are the rare breed that everyone calles drummers, we need to stay together.

User Info Menu

Oh dang, I'm gonna miss him.
    - Zack

User Info Menu

I don't know what Les did, or who he offended, but I'm sorry it happened. I liked reading his posts. I'll miss them.

• 1966 4-piece Ludwig Black Oyster Pearl
    • 2000 8-piece DW Collector's Grey Swirl
    • 2002 8-piece Pearl Masterworks GB Packer Gold
    • 2008 8-piece Tama B&B Lava Glass Glitter
    • Paiste Signature 12, 14, 14, 16, 16, 17, 18, 18, 20, 20, 22
    • Paiste Formula 602 14, 14, 16, 18, 20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by yohin View Post
    Is he banned permanently?
    I think that a person can be reinstated if the mod feels the problem has been resolved. Lets all hope this happens.
    E Drums !! !

There are no loud instruments just loud players !

Protect Your Hearing !!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DamageDrummer View Post
    i was blown away while reading this thread, but we all need to understand that keeping our cool is very important sometimes. i witnessed, and i understand that things got heated, but we cant let that get the best of us. the long term members here are a tight knit community, and nobody should ever be in the position where they feel like they need to lash out to that extent. I have learned that most banned members typically have more freinds than enemies here, and that thought should be in the mind of every single member on this forum while they post. remember, we are all here because we were all searching the internet for knowledge on drums. we really need to respect each others opinions even if we dont agree with them.

Well said DD.

Quote Originally Posted by 2slow View Post
    I think that a person can be reinstated if the mod feels the problem has been resolved. Lets all hope this happens.
    You are right 2slow. It all depends on the response of the person involved.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Wow...I wasn't on here very much last night so I didn't see what happened. Les and I had our disagreements that's for sure. I am more inclined to address the member directly if there's a problem, so before anyone asks it wasn't me! And DD is right, we all need to stay together. Being a Mod can't be easy but we appreciate everything you guys do here at DC.

I am sorry to see him go and I hope he can come back at a later date.
    DW - PEARL - PDP - ZILDJIAN - EVANS - VIC FIRTH

Click for Gear Pics!

DW Collector's Series - Blue Glass - 10, 12, 14, 16, 23
    Pearl Session Custom - Green Burst - 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    PDP CX Maple - Red Glass - 12, 14, 16, 24

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    If we had centerfolds for drums,that kit would be in one of them!

User Info Menu

Wow, I always thought he was pretty laid back..... I guess I have been gone for a while :(

User Info Menu

WOW........Im totally shocked . I too will miss him , but we are old enough and should know what behavior is expected .

Thanks drummer.........you have a tough job and its appreciated .
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

I've been a member of other drum forums, and one of the things that I appreciate about Drum Chat is that the mods are very tolerant, but to a point, which is only right. This is probably the only true "family friendly" drum forum that I'm aware of, and we need to keep it that way by respecting the rules. If you cross over that line, you are generally warned, and then asked to discuss the issues, as Drummer pointed out.

There is no room on this forum for intolerance or name calling. If you disagree with someone and find that you're getting angry about it, walk away and cool down before you make a response that you will regret. Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion, so take the opinions of others with a grain of salt. Just because you disagree doesn't make you right. This is a place to learn, and I've found that I can learn something even from someone expressing an opinion that is very different from my own. We're here to share information and knowledge, not to berate or make fun of others, or their choices in gear - or anything else. Our purpose should be to encourage one another!!

And for crying out loud Les, chill out bro! I know you've been under a lot of stress, but so are a lot of the rest of us. Find a way to deal with it. You're too good a person to let things get out of your control.
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick View Post
    Wow, I always thought he was pretty laid back..... I guess I have been gone for a while :(

Ditto!!!

User Info Menu

That's a shame.I always got a kick out of him.

User Info Menu

a man as to do what he had to do

(sorry for the verb i am french )

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

Larrysperf Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DamageDrummer View Post

Damage didnt know you could be so intence almost brought a tear to my eye lol

User Info Menu

i never noticed anything in particular. but then i haven't known him as long as everyone else has. but name calling though? that doesn't sound like the Les i knew, he must have been really passionate about this place, but taking it for granted was the downfall. cheers wherever you are man
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    cheers wherever you are man
    I have talked to him after this whole thing happened, on another forum. He says he will miss everyone here.
    DW - PEARL - PDP - ZILDJIAN - EVANS - VIC FIRTH

Click for Gear Pics!

DW Collector's Series - Blue Glass - 10, 12, 14, 16, 23
    Pearl Session Custom - Green Burst - 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    PDP CX Maple - Red Glass - 12, 14, 16, 24

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    If we had centerfolds for drums,that kit would be in one of them!

User Info Menu

Can I be the new resident Gretsch authority?

all the best...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RHD03 View Post
    I have talked to him after this whole thing happened, on another forum. He says he will miss everyone here.
    He will be missed also RH . Hopefully in the future he can get things patched up and come back............we have to be respectful if we want to keep this board the way it is .
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

Yes... well... I'm newish here, and didn't know Les at all, but I moderate on another forum here in Oz, one with fairly strict policies on misbehaviour. It can be difficult sometimes to remain objective, and a cooling-off period can do wonders for insight - on both sides of the fence. I find I'm usually more reactive myself after a few glasses of red wine lol!

Those members who are keen and fundamental to the function of the site usually find a way back, even if they can use a different nickname or ISP occasionally, and if they behave themselves they can usually stay.

The problem with the web is that people can be tempted to say stuff they wouldn't otherwise dream of saying, and often things snowball so fast you're in deep doo doo before you realise it.

I have no idea what went on in all of this, or how strict the mods are here, but since I've been visiting this excellent site Lesizmor has been a prominent feature...

Jamie.

User Info Menu

wow i have been gone a while (sorry guys) im sad les got banned, as he was one of the most welcoming when i first was on this board, and wont forget him. but what has to be done has to be done,. sacrifice one formany etc... anyway its a shame.
    "it aint got no thing if it aint got that swing"

Yamaha Stage Custom Noveau
    10,12,14,20,14 (standard 2 up 1 down)
    Evans EC2 over Remo Ambassador Resos
    Evans Genera Dry over ambassador resos
    DW 5002 double bass pedal
    Sabian 14 inch AAX Xcelerator hats
    Sabian 14 inch HHX X-plosion crash
    Sabian 16 inch AAX studio crash
    Zildjian 17 inch Z custom crash
    Sabian 21 inch AA rock ride
    Zildjian 18 inch oriental china trash