Thread: Is there a better ride?

User Info Menu

Default Is there a better ride?

So I have a 20" Zildjian A med ride. I crash on it, i ride it, and i really ride it. I'm fairly happy with it. But does anyone else have any other suggestions that may be better?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Is there a better ride?

Scott, I think you've got a solid ride there, because I have one too. I also have a 20" Sabian AAX Studio Ride that I generally keep on my kit, and will probably always use more than the 20" Zildjian A Medium Ride because I find it louder than my Sabian ride.

If you are looking for other rides to invest in, so that you can have the "right" ride for the right music, then I am sure you will get plenty of responses that can help you find what you need.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I am in love with my Sabian 22" paragon.

The reasons are as follows:

I love the loud bell (if I want it to be loud)

I love that fact that there isn't hardly any wash.

I have found the "ping" function is very defined if I use nylon tipped sticks.

This ride is very responsive to stick action and material.

Have I mentioned I love it?

I also have the same ones as PB. I have the Zildjian A series, the Sabian AAX and a Zildjian Platinum that is very washy. That is my least favorite however, the Platinum hats are very bright and responsive.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

what r u looking for in a ride?

if u want a jazz ride, id reccomend the 20" K custom dark ride, i have it, its a great ride, but i play hard rock/metal i need a louder ride with more of a ping sounding

here r some good loud rides with a good ping, and a eardrum expolding bell, 22" Paiste Signature Reflector Bell Ride(also known as the Powerslave), Nicko Mcbrian from Iron Maiden helped designed that ride, iv been thinking about getting that ride or the Paiste Signature 21" Dry heavy ride, or the Paiste Signature 22" Power ride which r also great

if u like large rides, try da 24" Paiste RUDE Mega Power Ride

if u want a cheaper but good ride, try a Paiste Alpha 20" Rock ride
    Pearl Vision VX jet black
    Aquarian heads (Focus-X, Performance IIs, Super Kick II)
    Pearl Free Floating Maple Snare
    Vic-Firth 5B
    Pearl Eliminators
    Roc N Soc throne

14" Paiste Signature sound edge hi-hats
    16" Paiste Signature full crash
    18" Paiste Signature full crash
    20" Zildjian K custom dark ride
    20" Paiste RUDE china

In bands: Frame of Mind, and Become The Catalyst

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Frame-...7982037?ref=ts

User Info Menu

Is there a better ride, you ask?

There's always a better ride.

But seriously, seems like a pretty good ride to me. You said you're "fairly" happy with it, so that makes it a "fairly" good ride. Personally, I love my AA Rock Ride because of the glassy high pitched ping, the loud bell, and the overall AWESOMENESS of the ride.
    Matt

User Info Menu

Let me be a little more specific. I want a ride with good ping and a ride with good wash.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by scott757 View Post
    So I have a 20" Zildjian A med ride. I crash on it, i ride it, and i really ride it. I'm fairly happy with it. But does anyone else have any other suggestions that may be better?
    To me the Zildjian A is the perfect line of cymbals.

User Info Menu

A good ping? Zildjian A Ping ride
    I'm not sure how much wash you want, but the XS20 medium has a good amount for my taste, and a nice ping too.
    "Life is backwards. Happiness isn't something you seek, it's something that finds you when you are doing the right thing." - Zone47

User Info Menu

Scott, if you're looking for a ride with a balance of good ping, and washiness, check out the Sabian AAX Studio (or Stage) Ride. With the AAX Studio Ride, playing toward the edge gives more washiness, and playing more on the bow, you get more ping (stronger ping as you move closer to the bell). The bell is nice and defined.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Well, it's really up to you, what you like best. But if you want opinions, 20" Zildjian K Custom Hybrid...

Nuff Said.
    DW - PEARL - PDP - ZILDJIAN - EVANS - VIC FIRTH

Click for Gear Pics!

DW Collector's Series - Blue Glass - 10, 12, 14, 16, 23
    Pearl Session Custom - Green Burst - 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    PDP CX Maple - Red Glass - 12, 14, 16, 24

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    If we had centerfolds for drums,that kit would be in one of them!

User Info Menu

Paiste 2002 20 inch ride. Great balance very versatile. I almost bought one, but I wanted more ping so I got my Alpha Rock Ride.
    Last edited by Yoda; 09-25-2009 at 10:35 PM. Reason: bad spelling