Thread: Remo Ring's

User Info Menu

Default Remo Ring's

Well my drumheads have been pretty loud lately and im not getting the sound i want someone had recommend me the Remo ring's and i saw the package Zero ring's Rock package.(12,13,14,16)

So any word about it??
    Paiste Alpha 14'' Sound Edge hats
    Paiste Alpha 16'' Medium Crash
    Sabian XS20 14'' Medium-Thin Crash
    Wuhan 16'' China

drummer: Being young is good ... as long as you're also wise
    Quote Originally Posted by weezy View Post
    Then you can use napkins to wipe your hands instead of taping them to your heads.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Remo Ring's

are those anything like evans e-rings? cuz if they are they help take overtones away a bit. the thing i wanna point out is that it isn't volume control so much as a means to make a note sustain a bit less on the surface you put it on. makes maple sound a bit like birch in my experience
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Martinez, the RemO's, as they are called, do a pretty good job at controlling overtones, and are cheaper than having to go out and buy new heads.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I've used them for years and if I'm not mistaken they are a tad bit cheaper then the Evans rings and they do a great job at cutting down ring and overtones (good or bad)

User Info Menu

I am a big fan of the rings, I have used evans as well as remo. I like the evans better only because of the width(2"). I don't use them on my 8" or 10" tom. and have wondered if I would eliminate all of them If I wasn't still using the stock reso heads.

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Remo Ring's

You Could Always Start By Cuttin Some Old Drumheads To "rings" 1st
    See If Ya Like The Sound Then Go For "da Goodies" On My "Booming Drums"
    Da Rings Work Fine...on Smaller (Mini Timabales,Pearl Traveller Kit)
    They Even Muffled Too Much,,,,so A Half A Moongel On Each At Most
    Good Luck,,,Let Us Know If You Find Da Nxt Big Thing!!!!
    "FEEL DA GROOVE & PLAY IT FORWARD..."

"BEAUTY IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER ,
    ENJOY IT ALL,,, MY BROTHERS & SISTERS"

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF
    "PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA
    "PHX AZ LEGEND OF DA ZYDECO GROOVE VEST"
    (AND OTHER TOYZ) INCLUDING PIZZABOX SNARE DRUM

IT'S ALL ABOUT DA SHOW !!!!!

User Info Menu

for a really good sound, pick up a single ply coated head and secure them with glue or other type of adhesive to the underside of the head, and you'll have a nice controlled sound without the external mess of rings that bounce around like jellyfish. but these rings shouldn't be considered a fix-all for bad drums or drumheads, the heads on there will still stay within their limitations of their own respective sound- to permanently fix the problem you'll need to replace the heads.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

In my honest opinion, I hate rings of any kind they kill what the drum and head are made to achieve...

If I must dampen for a situation, I stick a ring of electrical tape around the head about 3/4" to 1" inside on the field of the head. It deepens the tone and takes a bit of sustain out of the ring but don't kill the ring completely like the plastic rings do.

I've never tried or seen moon gel, but since it is stuck to the head completely and moves with the head it may do about the same as the electrical tape I've used times, just a common sense theory.

But I'm guessing also, if one was to trim a plastic ring so it fits the field of the head about 3/4" to 1 " from the rim and used spray tack of some kind on the ring and stuck it on it may do about the same as electrical tape. But I wouldn't advise anyone to do this at home. I'm a professional and you wouldn't know how to handle the mess you may be getting yourself into... Stick with the ele tape
    Play to win my friend, and make sure you see you won in the eyes of others not that of your own, then truly you've won...