Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Drum Chatters in Canada

User Info Menu

Default Re: Drum Chatters in Canada

I'm not from Canada, but I have a friend who lives their. little known fact about your money, If you scratch the maple leaf on it and sniff it it actually smells like Maple Syrup, I'm not kidding I got my friend to test it.
    "I don’t think a drummer should have to show off to get noticed. You’re like the conductor of a train. You keep the train on the tracks – let everybody else worry about everything else.” -Nathan Followill.

Grear List
    Cymbals: Zildjian K
    15" Light Hi Hats
    14" Hi Hats
    18" Dark Thin Crash
    19" Dark Thin Crash
    22" Light Ride
    Drum Kit: Gretsch Catalina Maple
    12/14/20
    Snare: Ludwig
    Epic 14"x5.5 Soon to be upgraded.

Keep the Peace!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrummingAllTheWayHome View Post
    I'm not from Canada, but I have a friend who lives their. little known fact about your money, If you scratch the maple leaf on it and sniff it it actually smells like Maple Syrup, I'm not kidding I got my friend to test it.
    Yeah.....

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Re: Drum Chatters in Canada

LOL and if you scratch the Queen's face you will smell Eau of Capri. Scratch the Peace Tower and you will smell the Lime Stone.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    LOL and if you scratch the Queen's face you will smell Eau of Capri. Scratch the Peace Tower and you will smell the Lime Stone.
    Scratch any US bill anywhere and all you smell is broke.

User Info Menu

Arrow Re: Drum Chatters in Canada

Hi. I am new here and I live in Welland Ontario. I have been playing the drums on and off depending where I lived for 24 years. More off than on though so I do have catching up to do and thank god for electronic kits. I am getting into DIY E-Kits now. I am unemployed due to Diabetes and a brain disease so no income coming in at all. Ha ha try doing a DIY kit on a shoestring but I seem to be geting started on it. I just got my 35mm piezo's in the mail today from digikey. But I am also in touch with Pintech about their A2E harness as well as in touch with two shell makers to aquire cut off shells.

I am happy to be here and to learn from you all. What lead me here was I think his name is Ricki on your forums who built a very nice aluminum cage and I would like to learn how he did it. Also I was watching some of Racer25 videos and he says we can find him here with any information he may have given in these forums about his projects.

Other than that here I am and I hope to converse with you lot especially people from my local region. Take care.
    Last edited by benschiltz; 09-17-2014 at 06:21 PM.

User Info Menu

I never heard of that one. But we have the Loonie and Toonie so I don't know how that one would work. I haven't seen a dollar bill in ages but they are around locked away by people who think they will be collectors items lol.

User Info Menu

Welcome aboard benschiltz. I was just in Welland Ontario about a month ago.

all the best...

User Info Menu

I'm from Manitoba.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

I'm from Toronto myself.

User Info Menu

Hi all, new here from Montreal
    Late 90's Premier APK in White Heat
    11x12 Power Tom
    12x13 Power Tom
    13x14 Power Tom
    16x16 Floor Tom
    2X (22x16) Bass Drums

Looking for 10X9 Power Tom (White)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Finkleworth View Post
    Hi all, new here from Montreal
    Welcome to Drumchat
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Hi everyone! I am new to DrumChat and I have really been enjoying this forum - lots of great info to be found here. I live in Fredericton, NB - 45 minute drive from the one & only Sabian factory!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by benschiltz View Post
    Hi. I am new here and I live in Welland Ontario. I have been playing the drums on and off depending where I lived for 24 years. More off than on though so I do have catching up to do and thank god for electronic kits. I am getting into DIY E-Kits now. I am unemployed due to Diabetes and a brain disease so no income coming in at all. Ha ha try doing a DIY kit on a shoestring but I seem to be geting started on it. I just got my 35mm piezo's in the mail today from digikey. But I am also in touch with Pintech about their A2E harness as well as in touch with two shell makers to aquire cut off shells.

I am happy to be here and to learn from you all. What lead me here was I think his name is Ricki on your forums who built a very nice aluminum cage and I would like to learn how he did it. Also I was watching some of Racer25 videos and he says we can find him here with any information he may have given in these forums about his projects.

Other than that here I am and I hope to converse with you lot especially people from my local region. Take care.
    Hi benschiltz.. I'm from Hamilton but frequent the Niagara region due to work. I've been doing e-drum DIY hybrids for a little while now. I think you'll find some of racer52 stuff a little dated now, but the basic info on creating triggers and wiring is there. Pintech does make a good pre-made conversion, but if you are looking to do it on the cheap and have a little bit of soldering skill, you can save yourself a fair bit of money. For shells, I would look into a "donor kit" find something on Kijiji cheap, find a friend with a table saw and have the shells cut down. You can get a 5pc for under a couple hundred and cut the shells down, giving you double the number of shells to work with.

Cheers! and welcome to DC
    ||Music produces a kind of pleasure which human nature cannot do without. ~Confucius||

Pearl Masters Custom - Emerald Mist with gold hardware 12/13/16/22

PDP LX - Cherry Fade
    8/10/12/14/16/22

Zildjian A Custom 16/18/20 1970's 14" New Beat hats
    Sabian 16" Ozone crash

Roland TD-3 and TD-10 A to E Kit.

User Info Menu

Vancouver B.C
    Another overtaxed province

Mike...use myk because Mike was taken
    ....and after going back and reading this thread it seems I've posted here before so may be getting alzheimers
    Last edited by myk; 02-24-2015 at 05:13 AM. Reason: adding more

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ludleg View Post
    Hi everyone! I am new to DrumChat and I have really been enjoying this forum - lots of great info to be found here. I live in Fredericton, NB - 45 minute drive from the one & only Sabian factory!
    Welcome man I wish I lived that close to Sabian factory would love to tour it.

User Info Menu

Toronto here!

User Info Menu

Former Northern Ontario boy. Now residing in the glorious Bahamas

all the best..

User Info Menu

I think I mentioned it before Ontario, 1 hour Southeast of Algonquin Park. God's country they call it.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the data is awesome!!

User Info Menu

is it next to 21st strret??

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    Former Northern Ontario boy. Now residing in the glorious Bahamas

all the best..
    Now sitting in Tim Hortons in Toronto enjoying the sweetest coffee on Earth!

all the best...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    Now sitting in Tim Hortons in Toronto enjoying the sweetest coffee on Earth!

all the best...
    Kay-Gee - you should open a Tim's franchise in the Bahamas!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ludleg View Post
    Kay-Gee - you should open a Tim's franchise in the Bahamas!
    Island people by and large don't drink coffee but a good business could be built on the amount of Canadian visitors for sure. I'm going to take a couple of cans back with me.

all the best...

User Info Menu

Im in Gods country So lucky to live here . Beautiful. great forest, parks lakes and amazing people. Spend most of my free time fishing camping and just being back in bush.
    So whats so wrong with laughing. Some need to learn to laugh

User Info Menu

New guy - Vancouver (New West) BC,

Always wondered why the Vancouver Int'l Drum Festival ceased all those years ago (late 90s?)? I went to a few many years ago when they were held at the Michael J. Fox Theatre in Burnaby. Saw Bozzio there one year, just blew my mind. Matt Cameron was on that one too, big Soundgarden fan and I got to talk to him briefly at the end of the day. Anyone know? I saw recently Victoria (my hometown) has one and apparently for a few years. This coming May, I think I'mma gonna go
    Last edited by eyeraven; 02-17-2016 at 12:07 PM.