Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Drum Chatters in Europe

User Info Menu

Default Re: Drum Chatters in Europe

Surrey, England.
    You know the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common:
    they don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views,
    which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.

User Info Menu

Hampshire UK.

User Info Menu

Vlaardingen (near Rotterdam), Netherlands
    One can't fail everything, 'cause failing everything is an achievement itself.

User Info Menu

Slovakia, so central Europe

User Info Menu

TPO - I dig your signature. Truly true!

Well my granddaddy tells me our family is from Germany so I find myself in the European section! Haha I'm from the Republic of South Africa, born and bred in the lovely southern-most city of Cape Town surrounded by hot babes, beaches and lots of skyscrapers ready to eat you up. Also I must say there is a frightful lack of metal round these parts. I hear that metal is more plentiful up country in Johannesburg (north-east) but sadly this is too far to be enjoyed properly. My hubby and I are very bored over here. The only clubs we can actually go to are infested with kiddies, plebs, fake goths and supposed metal fans only into Metallica and Korn. I mean seriously.. are we supposed to waste our precious words on these mofos? We would much rather be hearing from you awesome guys and gals on this site. Was just telling hubby to get his arse in gear and create a profile on here! He just told me ..... he's a closet drummer! I'm so ecstatically HAPPYYYYYYYYY!!!
    Soul Wanderer
    Skald
    Vǫlva

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs_Smith View Post
    TPO - I dig your signature. Truly true!

Well my granddaddy tells me our family is from Germany so I find myself in the European section! Haha I'm from the Republic of South Africa, born and bred in the lovely southern-most city of Cape Town...
    Hey, well that puts me right in the map of Europe then, lol, my ancestry is from all over the Eurasian side of things. A short-list of family DNA strains come from England, France, Greece, Armenia, Ireland and India...from Mum's side, and on Dad's it's England, Wales, Russia, Germany, India and Burma. My sis was born in London, and she holds a UK passport, not an Aussie one, whilst my folks naturalised. Mum speaks with a fairly polished English accent, having been educated in English and French language schools in India, during the time of the British Raj, where her family were in the social elite. Her French used to be spot-on years ago. Dad on the other hand, has a more pronounced Anglo-Indian accent and use of expressions.....yet for all, because of his fair features (blue-grey eyes, blonde hair, fair skin), I used to get asked as a kid "Is your Dad from South Africa????"....never mind that back in England where Dad was working, that some English thought he was a Welshman with that accent of his! My sis has an English accent, but looks so Mediterannean (she takes after Mum) she gets asked if she's Spanish or Italian. How do I add to the confusion? My natural accent is Aussie, but I lapse into Coc.kneyisms with the half-dozen Pommie muso mates over here, never mind the fact that I confuse the Italians and French speakers here by being able to converse with them perfectly. And one of my UK cousins, Chris, when he was serving as an officer during the war in Bosnia in the 90's, often got mistaken as a Bosnian by the Bosnians themsleves! Figure that out, lol.
    Last edited by Drumbledore; 04-26-2011 at 12:07 AM.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

British born, but moved to France (Basse Normandie...) 35 years ago, hence the moniker (33=France, 53 = Mayenne...). Bonjour à tous...
    Have a nice day.
    Dad3353 (Douglas...)

User Info Menu

England. I'm in Norfolk near Norwich.

User Info Menu

cork Rep. of Ireland
    im human,and im a dancer!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ethel_The_Frog View Post
    lurking somewhere in the North East of England, forever on trains between York and Leeds.
    Not too far from you..i am from Hull on the east coast.

User Info Menu

Latvia - or in latvian - Latvija

User Info Menu

Originally from NYC, now living in Italy.

User Info Menu

Prague, and Slovenia is pretty awesome, but not exactly eastern europe now is it?

User Info Menu

Dublin Ireland, top o the mornin to ya!!

User Info Menu

The Netherlands :D

User Info Menu

I'm from Leicester, England, UK!

Playing for a band from Leicester called Headwires and we tend to gig in the Midlands area, especially places like Nottingham, Derby etc as well as Leicester

check us out on facebook, twitter etc

User Info Menu

Blimey, never saw this thread!
    I'm in Huddersfield, Yorkshire, though one of the 2 bands I'm in is based in Milton Keynes (as that's where the other 3 guys live!). Just started with another band in Leeds, so a bit closer to home.
    Mapex Armory - Photon Blue
    Mapex VXB kit - Transparent Black
    Mapex & Pearl snares
    Paiste Alpha & RUDE cymbals
    Remo & Vater

User Info Menu

Hey guys! Im from Derby (mainly, but generally the midlands), heres the link to my band http://www.facebook.com/thevibeuksite, keep an eye out for us

P.S. whats the name of your bands Dodeska?
    Its not what your playing, its what your playing

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gottdonn13 View Post
    Hey guys! Im from Derby (mainly, but generally the midlands), heres the link to my band http://www.facebook.com/thevibeuksite, keep an eye out for us

P.S. whats the name of your bands Dodeska?
    The MK band is Stranger Danger. We do 70's/80's Punk, and have just recently started playing a load of Clash songs on top of the more general Ruts, Stranglers, Damned, 999, etc stuff we do.

The Leeds band has only been together for a couple of weeks, so we haven't reached the "naming" stage yet. This band is more Oasis, Radiohead, Stereophonics, etc.
    Mapex Armory - Photon Blue
    Mapex VXB kit - Transparent Black
    Mapex & Pearl snares
    Paiste Alpha & RUDE cymbals
    Remo & Vater

User Info Menu

Oxford, UK

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by George's Mum View Post
    Somerset area!
    Hi Georges Mum, I know this a really old post, but if you're still about, where in somerset are you? I'm in Torbay, just down the M5

User Info Menu

I'm from west of Russia

User Info Menu

NW London, UK. Just getting back into drumming after a 20-odd year break and buying an e-kit in the new year to keep the neighbours happy!

User Info Menu

Manchester-born, now live in Bolton - north/west England.

User Info Menu

Kalispera (Good Evening) from Athens, Greece or as we call our country Hellas
    Last edited by corsair; 01-26-2014 at 05:44 PM.
    Drums Traps A400 with rack
    Cymbals all Meinl
    Raker 14" HH
    Raker 20" heavy and 21" medium Rides
    Raker 16" medium & heavy crashes
    MB10 17" china
    Lightning 10" splash

Hardware: DW 5002 twin pedal, DW 9000 HH stand and Pearl BR-2000 stool, Adam CS-90 x1 cymbal boom stand