Drum Domains
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 57 of 57

Thread: Clarksville, Tennessee

  1. #51

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Nashville/Murfreesboro

    Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Sorry I missed this before jgraham. You're right, we are alike in this! I'm by nature a night owl, so it's not really too tough for me.
    I'm not a night owl normally, unless I get my second wind and then I can't go to sleep even if I want to .

    I have to get qt least 8 hours each night or I just can't function correctly.
    I call it my beauty sleep, but I assure you it doesn't make me look ANY better..hehehe..

    I normally hit the sack around 9 because I get up at 5:30a.
    Take care and seeya!

    Jim

  2. #52

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Nashville/Murfreesboro

    Quote Originally Posted by jgraham798 View Post
    I'm not a night owl normally, unless I get my second wind and then I can't go to sleep even if I want to .

    I have to get qt least 8 hours each night or I just can't function correctly.
    I call it my beauty sleep, but I assure you it doesn't make me look ANY better..hehehe..

    I normally hit the sack around 9 because I get up at 5:30a.


    You get up at 5:30, IN THE MORNING?

  3. #53

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Nashville/Murfreesboro

    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    You get up at 5:30, IN THE MORNING?
    Yes sir, and get to work at 7:00am. I don't mind getting up early, but I do mind not sleeping well...the last two months have been horrid!

    I keep telling my wife I need to retire, but sh'es not convinced yet!
    Take care and seeya!

    Jim

  4. #54

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Nashville/Murfreesboro

    Quote Originally Posted by jgraham798 View Post
    Yes sir, and get to work at 7:00am. I don't mind getting up early, but I do mind not sleeping well...the last two months have been horrid!

    I keep telling my wife I need to retire, but sh'es not convinced yet!

    Had I known how nice retirement is, I would have done it sooner.

  5. #55

    User Info Menu

    Cool Re: Clarksville, Tennessee

    Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Rick, I was so bummed out when I moved from Murfreesboro to Clarksville, because I knew that being able to continue lessons with Darla was going to be a long shot. Working with a new church usually means that you are doing an extraordinary amount of work in the beginning, so driving 1 1/2 for a one hour lesson each month got tough. I was giving up 4 hours each time I went for a lesson. Then gas prices kept going up, and I just had to quit.

    On the other hand, the current church in Clarksville supports my musical talents, and I have had the opportunity to begin playing with a band, and even do a few shows. I have also discovered that as we add new songs, I am finding myself able to figure out how to play things that I have never studied, or practiced. I will always be grateful to Darla for what she taught me, and maybe one day I'll have a chance to study with her again.
    Now that is real dedication, my friend! (Shows what you miss when you don't poke around all the threads, too!) Sounds to me Darla did a marvelous job!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

    Charlie

    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

    "There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

    "Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

  6. #56

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Clarksville, Tennessee

    Another Clarksvillian here!

    It's cool to see a 3-page thread about this town.

    I'm on the way out of the army and just closed on my house, so I'll be here for a long time. Let's jam!
    ALGAROTHSYUM - post-apocalyptic instrumental metal - currently working on third full-length album!
    Bandcamp - Facebook

    IRACONJI- Nashville death/thrash metal - drummer
    Facebook

  7. #57

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Clarksville, Tennessee

    Quote Originally Posted by Vhyle View Post
    Another Clarksvillian here!

    It's cool to see a 3-page thread about this town.

    I'm on the way out of the army and just closed on my house, so I'll be here for a long time. Let's jam!
    Good luck to you Vhyle............former Rakkasan myself


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •