Thread: Finding a place to rent for a jam room?

User Info Menu

Default Finding a place to rent for a jam room?

Anybody have any advice on where to look for places to rent out for a jam room? I can't play drums around here too late or people get angry so I'm interested in getting a spot.

Any suggestions on where to start looking as well as some do's and don'ts?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Finding a place to rent for a jam room?

Some of the rental storage facilities allow bands to practice. You'll have to call around.

User Info Menu

you could soundproof the place your at? but if youd rather have your drums somewhere else..
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

I agree with Drummer. Soundproofing to the extent necessary is a costly and time consuming process. Of course, that said, it's more of an up front cost as opposed to the smaller, but more long term cost associated with renting a space, so it all depends on your situation. There are a few storage places that allow bands, but some have a strict policy against it, so you do have to call around and make sure. My band rents a 12' x 25' space and it comes complete with electrical outlets and everything, so all we had to do was put up some simple sound treatments (mostly carpeting on the walls to help deaden the reflected higher frequencies), and carpeted the floor. Even put in a couple of chairs and a couch near the front with a table, as a place for the band to hang out when we're taking a break. The complex is in an industrial park of sorts, so it's ideal for a band since there are few residential homes in the vicinity. If you do so though, get a good lock and make sure you have renters insurance on the place.
    My Kit: Gretsch Catalina Maple 6 piece (1 up, two down, 1 not used); Pearl 12" Porkpie Snare; Sabian cymbals (except the Zildjian 20" med. ride); Evans EC-2 heads all around with G1 resos; DW-8002b double pedals.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Some of the rental storage facilities allow bands to practice. You'll have to call around.
    That sems to be quite popular , Ive read several different posts about bands doing that same thing .
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

if you lived around the part of arizona im at, you could play all you want in the jam room i been workin on. free of course
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Re: Finding a place to rent for a jam room?

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    if you lived around the part of arizona im at, you could play all you want in the jam room i been workin on. free of course
    Hi Russ,

I'm a Singer-Guitarist-Songwriter/Producer. I saw your post that you have some space for jamming you built or designed.
    Is this still available?
    Just let me know if you are ready to show a walkthrough and have a certain schedule thats best or convenient to you when allowing a musicians or 3 practice on songs there.
    Message me on facebook or add me on under the name Kings Army if you search facebook you will find me.

User Info Menu

Welcome to Drum Chat, Kingsarmy.

This should be interesting. I hope things work out for you and your rental space with Russ.

User Info Menu

veeeewwwwrrrry interesting.
    clandestine supergroup? or a meth-lab?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bish View Post
    welcome to drum chat, kingsarmy.

This should be interesting. I hope things work out for you and your rental space with russ.
    +1

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

cool DC Storage Wars get the popcorn
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN