Thread: Roland kick pad question

User Info Menu

Default Roland kick pad question

For anyone that uses the Roland E-kits , how do the kick pad hold up? Can the take being played on a daily basis without breaking? I've gone through two Yamaha KP125 kick and I'm considering trying out the roland kick pads if they hold up well. The KP 125's were easily fixed by me, but if I'm playing live I have to feel confident that my kick pad is not going to fail me in the middle of a show.

Note: I am not a hard hitter but I do play my kit a lot, every day. The Yamaha pads last about 6 to 9 months, I feel the problem is just plain poor design.
    Also I have two Yamaha KP 65 kick pads that I've had since 2oo5 and they still work fine, I just hate the feel of them.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Roland kick pad question

Probably depends upon which Roland kick you are using. I have the KD8 kick trigger, its about a year old, have had no issues. Use felt beater and I also stuck a Remo Kevlar peel and stick bass patch on the front of the KD8 (about $5).

Not sure if using felt beater with other pads, especially mesh might cause problems. Have not heard of any reliabilty issues with the KD8, you could visit vdrums.com and do a search on your model see if anyone else has recommendations.

User Info Menu

Do you play with a double pedal?

I play mine with a single and felt head. Seems to be holding up just fine.

User Info Menu

Welcome to Drum Chat KYBill, and jajo!

It's good to have a couple more e-kit experienced people onboard! Thanks for you input, and I think you'll enjoy chatting with our e-kit drummers, as well as the rest of the drummers in the Drum Chat community.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!