Thread: Tama Warlord Series Snares

User Info Menu

Default Tama Warlord Series Snares

I was looking through a a DRUM! magazine one day and I saw an ad for Tama's Warlord Series Snare Drums.
    Before I decide to go and spend time out of my life and jam sessions to buy one, I wanted to know what you guys (and girls )thought about them.
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."
    - Henry David Thoreau

My set: Sonor Force 2003 Fusion Kit. 16" B8 Thin Crash, 20" B8 Ride, 16" Wuhan China, 14" B8 hi-hats, 10" AAX Splash
    PDP Double bass Pedal, PDP throne.

User Info Menu

They look sooooo kickarse.

But they are also insanely expensive.

I don't think I'd be able to afford one.

User Info Menu

No way could I afford one, unless I worked for like, all of my summer.
    But that Spartan sounds like the best choice to me, but then you may want the Masai if you like exotics.
    I can just see it now...on my set with one of those.
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."
    - Henry David Thoreau

My set: Sonor Force 2003 Fusion Kit. 16" B8 Thin Crash, 20" B8 Ride, 16" Wuhan China, 14" B8 hi-hats, 10" AAX Splash

User Info Menu

They are my dream snare

User Info Menu

PRETORIAN, i love tamas bell brass snares. but i will never pay $1,600 for one.

User Info Menu

PRAETORIAN? Like the Alien evolution from Alien Vs Predator (The Game not the movie)? =P

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hellsbells58
    PRAETORIAN? Like the Alien evolution from Alien Vs Predator (The Game not the movie)? =P

HB58
    Praetorian guard were special bodyguards of Roman Emperors.

User Info Menu

They were bad to the bone...
    and so are the snares, so it seems...
    - Henry David Thoreau

User Info Menu

have you ever played a tama bell brass? it is the loudest most beautiful snare in the world. i love that they made a warlord version. someday i will find one used and buy it.

User Info Menu

No way! If I'm gonna sink money into something I'm gonna sink it into somethin' new!
    No used piece of carp that will just sounds bad, and tear up when I try to replace a head or something of that nature.

I'm just paranoid about being jipped, you know how it is...
    - Henry David Thoreau

User Info Menu

ive got some great deals on mint used snares. i just bought an absolutly perfect starclassic g-maple, list price $730.00 musicians friend...$475.00
    my price mint used 300 bucks. watch i will get one of these for about 600 in the next couple years. im a patient person. if not a preatorian, i will have a regular bell brass. i think the preatorian should have come with tamas bell brass hoops.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain
    ive got some great deals on mint used snares. i just bought an absolutly perfect starclassic g-maple, list price $730.00 musicians friend...$475.00
    yea, but you have to remember, musiciansfriend exagerates the list price of everything so it seems like you are getting a better deal from them.

but you could get the same thing for the same price anywhere, guitar center, musiciainsfriend or any local music store
    "Bow Down To The Almighty Bunghole!"

User Info Menu

list prices are detemined by the manufacturer(sp). and you will never get gc/mf internet prices thru my local mom and pop drum shop. and i have spent a ton with them. i have to drive an hour to kansas city to the big stores.

User Info Menu

€1600 for a snare?? did you see the review? 3 out of 5, and also i have heard that the wooden snares in the same warrior series sound nicer then it.
    It is that price because of the way it looks, and in all fairness, if you want to have something that looks nice tied onto your kit, that doesn't necessarily sound great?? then try to buy Avril Lavigne, she would probably be cheaper than $1600 dollars anyway, all you need is a collar and a chain!! and that would cost less than a decent stand too!
    and you wouldnt have any problems with the other band members trying to put her into a bag and put her away either! in fact, i think i just might do that!!!
    I Shall Never be caught, you will never obtain my Weapons of Mass Percussion, MWA HA HA HA HA!!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Tama Warlord Series Snares

HOLA como estas *CANDLELIGHT_CHAOS *CREATIVE ARTISTIC
    ARTIST DRUMMER (CAT) WHEN ,I was at the NAMM show this year 2008
    I played on them ,TAMA WARLORD SERIES SNARE *ITS very (HOT) SNARE
    great sound(TONE) & they look FANTASTIC*<BUT I rather USE My MAPEX BLACK PANTHERS (BRONZ 61/2"X14" & My MAPLE BLACK PANTHER 61/2"X!4"
    TAMA Makes GREAT TAMBORES (DRUMS) I use alot of TAMA HARD-WARE .
    BUT those WARLORD SERIES SNARES are very expensive**What ever the
    Creative ARTISTIC ARTIST DRUMMER SANTS ITS ALL GREAT **GRACIAS