Thread: Roland TD-10 Ride volume

User Info Menu

Question Roland TD-10 Ride volume

Hey Guys,

This is my first time posting here; I got a TD-10 few months ago and I've been unable to figure out why the ride sounds so low.
    The AUX1 sounds louder than the Ride when assigned the same instrument.
    I also tried switching pads and cables but, no luck so far.

The same thing happens when I hit the edge of the CY-8s (for Crash 1 & 2), it sounds really low in volume.

Has this ever happened to anyone? Any pointers into how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

User Info Menu

Default Re: Roland TD-10 Ride volume

That's very interesting. I see you've definately done you're trouble shooting. I haven't owned a Roland, but on my Simmons SD9K i know that i can adjust the volume for each individual trigger. On the 9k i could program volume for even the edge or bell of each cymbal. My thought here is that maybe the volume on the Aux input is set higher than the actual Ride. Does this make sense? Also, to figure out how to do this i'm pretty sure that Roland has an online manual you could view. Good luck i hope this helps a bit!
    www.fadesaway.com

Matt...
    Fades Away

Forever I am Forgiven, and Forever, I will Rejoice.

User Info Menu

Hey welcome to drumchat ! I have a td-10 here's a couple things to check. Click on mixer and check the volume level on the mixer and also the EQ. Go to setup,trigger and adjust the sensitivity. Also make sure your trigger is set to cy-15. Let me know if this helps if not I will dig a little more with ya We'll get it
    E Drums !! !

There are no loud instruments just loud players !

Protect Your Hearing !!!!

User Info Menu

i fiddled around with output level and intervals on my td-7 to get the drums a bit louder, cant imagine its all that different from your controls. are you using an amp with the kit?
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Thanks guys for all the replies.

At first I thought that by resetting, it will set all the sound levels back to factory settings. No luck with that, still had the same problem.

Fades Away: I looked at the manual and still couldn't figure it out.
    2slow: When I read your reply, I was like "I can't change the sound for the ride, since the physical button is not there (controls all of them)" this was after the factory default reset. So, I started customizing my kit and I got the correct instruments in place but, they didn't sound like I wanted them to (I had to change the studio type).. I mistakenly pressed "Control Room" and I saw the mixer you spoke of, and I realized that the physical buttons are the group faders, not mixers. I was able to successfully adjust the volume of all my triggers individually including the ride
    Russ: I use headphones

Thanks for all the help!