Thread: Gator Drum Cases / Drum Cases

User Info Menu

Cool Gator Drum Cases / Drum Cases

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a link to an Australian Company called Gator Drum Cases, in order to get a quote for some drum cases. Does anyone have a link to these guys or a contact e-mail?

That would be much appreciated. However, if you guys could also recommend any other companies that manufacture drum cases, links to those would also be helpful.

I would prefer soft cases over hard cases, but it doesn't worry me too much at the moment.

Thanks in advance,
    HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

ive never seen gator drum cases, but my church has gator cases for all of our sound equipment it it is really good quality stuff
    I really wish that we could actually show the pictures in here...

User Info Menu

Yeah, our guitarist in my band has a Gator Case for his rack gear... It's really Heavy Duty stuff.

But, yeah, they do make drum cases. I can order a standard 5 piece set from Billy Hyde, but it's my other drums that I need to get a quote on. I figure if I can get in contact with them, I might be able to work out some sort of deal.

It'd be a standard rock kit:
    14" Snare
    12" Tom
    13" Tom
    16" Floor Tom
    22" Bass

With the addition of:
    A second 22" Bass
    and a 14" Floor Tom

The standard set is pretty cheap, like $150 AUD. But buying single cases is much more expensive. I'm just trying to get myself a better deal.

HB58

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

I'd get in touch with Adam at Drumpower (ebay.info@drumpower.com.au) and get a quote from them.

I got a set of Sonor Global Bags for double bass kit (with a stack of toms, two snares, etc.) for an extremely good price. These are great bags - even bass players can't break or mess them up.

Go with softcases! Hard cases are really a pain in the arse - unless you spend a LOT of money on them, you'll end up getting something that falls apart.

Gator should be http://www.gatorcases.com/ (didn't know they were Oz).

User Info Menu

Actually, I've found out that they are an American company from my guitarist. I don't know why I thought they were Australian, something about the Gator thing I guess.

Just sent off an e-mail to Adam, hopefully should hear back sometime soon.

HB58

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

i didnt think you had gators in aus. just crocs.
    anyway gator cases are good. i myself use mostly skb cases and they are awesome, i still have a couple more to buy soon. i still need a 15" and 16" ft cases and a new hardware case. to replace the crappy bags im using for them. i just dont trust soft bags when my kids or bandmates are helping me load in and out.

User Info Menu

Crocs man I hate those things.

Do you guys have them down under or in America, because I know they are a HUGE fad up here.

And when I say Crocs I mean the footwear Crocs. For the uninformed they are basically a plastic shoe with holes in them. They are so stupid, but soooo many people wear them.

I know this is offtopic but it was on my mind.
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by amputechture
    Crocs man I hate those things.

Do you guys have them down under or in America, because I know they are a HUGE fad up here.
    Yep - they're really big here too.

Started off with cyclists (bicyclists) surprisingly enough, but they're selling them everywhere now.

User Info Menu

Still waiting on a reply from Drumpower. I might ask Billy Hyde today when I ring them about my bass and rack.

HB58

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

I use Gator soft cases and I really like them. The only bad thing is that I can't find anybody that sells single Gator cases for my toms, so I had to buy Beato soft cases for 2 of my toms. I dig the extra pocket the Beato cases have, but the Gator cases fit better.
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

I'm having kind of the same problem....I need a 14" bag, but for a tom, not a snare...most 14" bags are designed for snare drums, not 12" deep toms.
    Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.

User Info Menu

Yeah, I'm yet to find a site with a 14x14 Floor Tom soft case.

HB58

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hellsbells58
    Still waiting on a reply from Drumpower. I might ask Billy Hyde today when I ring them about my bass and rack.

HB58
    Sounds like a great idea.

Seriously - shop around and haggle is the only way to go.

There are only 3 music shops where I am (two of which are owned by the same person) and the only way to get value is to get quotes and play them off against each other.

A lot of the time I've been buying stuff from Drum Power or Drum City because it's cheaper - even with postage costs factored in.

The Sonor Global bag (I just love these) for 13 inch toms would definitely have enough room to fit a 14x14 floor tom - they've got plenty of play.