Drum Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Memory Locks

User Info Menu

Default Re: Memory Locks

I only use them things that do not collapse, such as tom arms. When I read the November 2007 Modern Drummer, I grabbed a Sharpie for the cymbals and stands. A horizontal line across cymbal tilters and for anything requiring height, and a vertical notch for positioning cymbal arm angles. Comes right off with rubbing alcohol. Previously I left as many things set as possible. Now I collapse whatever I can.

User Info Menu

Having a rack makes memory locks good for the upright posts. But for booms that can retract inside themselves, makes locks of no use. So I incorporate them on the posts but not the boom part.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

i never took them out so they are still there...

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Memory Locks

They Make Setup Quicker,,,,And Stop Dat Annoyance To Have A Tom Mount Or Cymbal Stand Drop During A Performance...Thxs To Rogers Drums For An Idea
    ".....That Will Live In Infamiy"....
    "FEEL DA GROOVE & PLAY IT FORWARD..."

"BEAUTY IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER ,
    ENJOY IT ALL,,, MY BROTHERS & SISTERS"

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF
    "PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"

CHARTER MEMBER OF THE "OUR
    LADY OF DA NEW BEAT CONGREGATION"

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA
    "PHX AZ LEGEND OF DA ZYDECO TIE"
    (AND OTHER TOYZ)

User Info Menu

I Always use them because I am not the one who sets up my kit. All stands and accessories(dogbones, etc.) are color coded as well. I also have a carpet for my single bass drum set up and one for my double bass set up. Both have clear markings for drum and stand positioning.
    Last edited by Reverend D.; 06-23-2009 at 02:17 PM.
    A good drummer will sound good on anything(even stock drum heads). A bad drummer will sound bad on anything.