Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Okies?

User Info Menu

Default Okies?

Anybody from Oklahoma here??? Or am I the only looser?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Okies?

Oklahoma city. Where are you at?
    DW - PEARL - PDP - ZILDJIAN - EVANS - VIC FIRTH

Click for Gear Pics!

DW Collector's Series - Blue Glass - 10, 12, 14, 16, 23
    Pearl Session Custom - Green Burst - 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    PDP CX Maple - Red Glass - 12, 14, 16, 24

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    If we had centerfolds for drums,that kit would be in one of them!

User Info Menu

Oklahoma City here !

User Info Menu

Bartlesville here

User Info Menu

Sorry, forgot I started this post, Im in the big megatropolis of Bristow USA!! WHOHOOOO....yeah, anyways right inbetween OKC and Tulsa.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tinter69 View Post
    Sorry, forgot I started this post, Im in the big megatropolis of Bristow USA!! WHOHOOOO....yeah, anyways right inbetween OKC and Tulsa.
    Would you like to buy some time share!?!? Haha.

That's all I ever hear from that place!

BTW, show tonight in Bricktown at America's Pub OKC if any of you OKC guys are available!!

Click for Gear Pics!

User Info Menu

NW Oklahoma City, born and raised in Midwest City (Go Bombers!)

User Info Menu

Tulsa, Ok here.

Fooled with drums as a teen, some how I moved towards the guitar. Decided I wanted a kit to have in my little music room.

User Info Menu

One of my brothers lives in Tulsa plays the guitar. He would like for me to get better at the drums so we could jam more. I need to take some lessons but I might be moving so, so I don't want to start with someone than have to quit and find another teacher.

DuckusCrapus Guest

Another Okie added to the mix. I am out of Caremore, OK but have lived in the Tulsa area most my life.

User Info Menu

south Oklahoma here

User Info Menu

I'll be moving from OKC to Enid in a few months...can't seem to get out of Oklahoma! haha

Click for Gear Pics!

User Info Menu

Moore, OK here!! And for the record, we are NOT losers!!
    Kit: Pacific LX 8-Ply - Maple shells in deep blue lacquer * DDrum 13 X 6.5" Golf Ball Snare
    Cymbals: 21" AAX Raw Bell Dry Ride * 20" Paragon Crash * Zildjian 20" Custom Ozone Crash * 18" XS20 Medium Thin Crash * 14" AAX-Celerator Hi-Hats * 10" AAX Splash
    Misc: Vater 2-4-5-1 Hickory Sticks * DW 7000 Pedal * Evans Heads * SP Cymbal Stands * PDP 900 Hi-Hat and Snare Stand * Gibralter Throne

User Info Menu

I lived in Ponca City for awhile. Can I hang out with you guys?
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    I lived in Ponca City for awhile. Can I hang out with you guys?
    Anytime!!

Click for Gear Pics!

User Info Menu

Oklahoma City...Go Thunder! Go Barons!!! My wife is from Canada so...GO CANUCKS!!!!

User Info Menu

Spent a week or so in Tulsa with my half brother back in '82.

Some strange liquor laws you have down there.

User Info Menu

Hi, I'm from Moore,OK.

Gregg

User Info Menu

I live in a small town in south central oklahoma...Wilson, OK.... its 20 miles due west of Ardmore on highway 70 West. This is my "Hometown" - I play at the Pacesetter Ballroom located 5 miles south of Madill, OK on highway 377. Some of the most talented musicians are "Okies". Roger Miller comes to mind, Vince Gill, Brad Paisley, Garth Brooks, Toby Keith...just to name a few.
    Yamaha Oak Custom 22x17 with Brass Kick Port, Brass Hoop Claws,10-12-14 racks, 16 Floor and all toms have Brass Hoops and a Tama Starclassic Bubinga Elite 14x6.5 snare in Quilted Mocha Burst and Black Nickel hardware. All hi-end Zildjian Cymbals - K Dark Thin crashes & splashes, a Zildjian A crash & a Meinl 16" crash, Avedis Zildjian 1964 ride, K Custom hats plus New Beat hats on Closed X-Hat.

If a Man offends thee - - give each of his children a Drum~~~!!!

User Info Menu

Roger Miller comes to mind, Vince Gill, Brad Paisley, Garth Brooks, Toby Keith...just to name a few.
    Don't forget the incomparable Merle Haggard! Although he did migrate to California as a boy with his family.
    all the best...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    Spent a week or so in Tulsa with my half brother back in '82.

Some strange liquor laws you have down there.
    We finally "Fixed" those strange liquor laws ~
    Yamaha Oak Custom 22x17 with Brass Kick Port, Brass Hoop Claws,10-12-14 racks, 16 Floor and all toms have Brass Hoops and a Tama Starclassic Bubinga Elite 14x6.5 snare in Quilted Mocha Burst and Black Nickel hardware. All hi-end Zildjian Cymbals - K Dark Thin crashes & splashes, a Zildjian A crash & a Meinl 16" crash, Avedis Zildjian 1964 ride, K Custom hats plus New Beat hats on Closed X-Hat.

User Info Menu

Did they fix it so you could buy regular beer cold?

I went into a liquor store to get some beer when I got there. Can't sell you cold reg beer but, you can go to the supermarket and by 3.2 beer that is cold. I was told that it's from the old Indian laws.

Walked around Orel Roberts college (university?), nice grounds.

Stayed for about a week then headed to Dallas (cost $1 for the Indian Nation Highway (turnpike) ) which, after a week in Tulsa, was like I moved to a different country.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Did they fix it so you could buy regular beer cold?

I went into a liquor store to get some beer when I got there. Can't sell you cold reg beer but, you can go to the supermarket and by 3.2 beer that is cold. I was told that it's from the old Indian laws.

Walked around Orel Roberts college (university?), nice grounds.

Stayed for about a week then headed to Dallas (cost $1 for the Indian Nation Highway (turnpike) ) which, after a week in Tulsa, was like I moved to a different country.
    The Convenience stores and grocery stores have been able to sell "Cold Beer" for a number of years and the old 3.2 content beer law has been recently voted out, so we can buy the same alcohol content of beer that everyone else buys and most liquor stores wont put in beer coolers because the profit margin on beer isnt enough to offset the expense.

User Info Menu

We took a ride to a place called Sand Springs(?). There was a street called "the strip" that had, what had to be the smallest bar I've ever been in. Maybe 5 stools and the bar couldn't be longer than 8'-10', if that. No fridge, but there was a thing that looked like the back of a Good Humor truck from the '50's. When it was open, there was some beer in it and just a lot of ice to keep it cold.

There was a guy sitting at the bar with a beer and a shot glass in front of him. That shot glass disappeared real quick, so I assumed it was the "brown bag" way to get a shot.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

We took a ride to a place called Sand Springs(?). There was a street called "the strip" that had, what had to be the smallest bar I've ever been in. Maybe 5 stools and the bar couldn't be longer than 8'-10', if that. No fridge, but there was a thing that looked like the back of a Good Humor truck from the '50's. When it was open, there was some beer in it and just a lot of ice to keep it cold.

There was a guy sitting at the bar with a beer and a shot glass in front of him. That shot glass disappeared real quick, so I assumed it was the "brown bag" way to get a shot.
    Yes sir ...thats more than likely what that was. Now, in some of the out in the country bars, they sell "Moonshine" - home-made, by real moonshiners and some of it is darned tasty -- some of it is as smooth as the best Tennessee whiskey, some of it will burn hair off of a buffalo hide or your tongue~!