Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long must I wait?

User Info Menu

Default How long must I wait?

My posts still haven't show up. It's been a few days now, how long does it take? I'm not sure how one can become a part of a forum when your posts never show up? Just trying to figure out the site... not trying to sound like a jerk or anything.

User Info Menu

Default Re: How long must I wait?

They should post instantly.
    Maybe you have violated the forum rules and the comments have been removed...
    Make sure you read them carefully.
    If your sure this isnt the case then id message a moderator.
    Hope this helps (:
    www.youtube.com/dannyatcranny

PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

User Info Menu

No, as soon as I posted I got a message saying that they had to be approved first. I've been able to make a few posts, but a with a few of them, I received that message.

User Info Menu

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User Info Menu

JayW, the administration works hard to keep spammers out of Drum Chat. Sometimes a post triggers the spam alert, and it becomes a "moderated" post until it is cleared. This will only happen within the first 10 posts, because spammers never stay. They're only here for what they can get, and then they never show up again. It can be a mild irritation, but this site is the great place that it is because the administrators work so hard to keep it that way. Hang in there JayW, because this place is worth it.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Same thing with me today. Leedy 2 is helping me restore some congas and we are going through it step by step and going to show the progress with pics but nothing posted for me today and I got the same,"has to be cleared by moderator" . I am new so maybe thats why???? My other posts posted immediately.

User Info Menu

I didn't see it VIbes, but maybe something in the post triggered the spam alert. Sometimes it can be something as simple as a word or a phrase that a spammer uses. You won't believe the number of spammers that get weeded out, and even then moderators still manage to spot some.

Hang in there. It must be the economy, because we've had an upturn in the number of spammers lately.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

I posted in the drum pictures thread about two hours ago and it still hasn't been approved. I'm guessing it had to be approved because it had pictures in it, but I figured it'd be up by now..I guess not. :P
    Drums:
    Ludwig Classic Maple
    Tama Starclassic Performer

Cymbals:
    20" K ride
    20" K custom dry ride
    16" A custom crash
    14" New Beat hats
    14" K custom dark crash
    Ensembles
    Oregon Crusaders (DCI) 09 - bass 4
    OC Indoor (WGI) '10 - Snare 3rd place PIO
    OC Indoor (WGI) '11 - Snare PIW FINALIST!
    University of Oregon marching band '09 '10 '11 - Snare

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by VIbes View Post
    Same thing with me today. Leedy 2 is helping me restore some congas and we are going through it step by step and going to show the progress with pics but nothing posted for me today and I got the same,"has to be cleared by moderator" . I am new so maybe thats why???? My other posts posted immediately.

maybe post it again then, and delete your original thread when it gets approved. i think it is just the absolute first post that awaits moderation.
    the less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.

Mapex Pro M Rock, w/ medium A customs, Mastersounds hats, Aquarian Super Kick II, Remo Pinstripes, gilded w/IRON COBRA double pedal

Private in PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY

User Info Menu

Did that happen to you?
    Drums:
    Ludwig Classic Maple
    Tama Starclassic Performer

Cymbals:
    20" K ride
    20" K custom dry ride
    16" A custom crash
    14" New Beat hats
    14" K custom dark crash
    Ensembles
    Oregon Crusaders (DCI) 09 - bass 4
    OC Indoor (WGI) '10 - Snare 3rd place PIO
    OC Indoor (WGI) '11 - Snare PIW FINALIST!
    University of Oregon marching band '09 '10 '11 - Snare

User Info Menu

yup, so after 15 posts or so, my original showed up, which i had already made another one of. i then asked 'drummer' the mod, to merge the threads, so all the comments were in the same spot. which he did.
    the less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.

Mapex Pro M Rock, w/ medium A customs, Mastersounds hats, Aquarian Super Kick II, Remo Pinstripes, gilded w/IRON COBRA double pedal

Private in PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious Stan View Post
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Cool avatar, I used to have that on picture disc. Man I wish I'd kept that.

User Info Menu

Yeah, it took over a week to have my account accepted by a moderator, now my posts have to wait as well. I wanna talk drums!

Edit: My posting in the birdseye post was tagged for moderation, but this one went right in.

User Info Menu

Welcome to Drum Chat kev2lz!

The moderation that comes with the first few posts is because we have had a run of spammers finding a way in here, and we work very hard to keep them out. As soon as a post requiring moderation is reviewed, it can be cleared. The trick is finding them all. When there is an influx in new members, like in the past few months, it can get tricky. Don't sweat it too much, just keep posting, because it doesn't take long to go over the threshhold of the 10-15 posts anyway.

Again, welcome!

User Info Menu

Thanks for the welcome, Pastor Bob! I understand your position as I moderate for another large forum myself. I look forward to spending lots of time chatting with what seems to be a great group of folks.

User Info Menu

Thanks for your understanding kev, and this really is a great place. Besides the information that is exchanged, and the fun that is had, we are all about family friendliness (so parents don't have to worry about the language on this site), and mutual respect. We don't have to worry about getting flamed here.

User Info Menu

Hi there, new member and a reply I made yesterday in Cymbals has been snagged in moderation, probably because I was discussing the price of various cymbals?

Any chance it could be released, it's in a thread I started and I wanted to keep up the dialogue with the folks nice enough to respond!

Incidentally, you mention further up about PMing a mod if you have an issue with the spam trap, but you can't PM either within the first 15 posts.

As others have said, I totally understand what you are doing here. I also mod for a forum elsewhere and know how much fun it is playing whack a mole with the spammers.

thanks,

ETA: ah, it seems everything I'm posting is going into moderation now. Odd as the first couple of posts I made (in the newbie thread) went through fine. I guess that having had one snagged they all get held? Ok, how quickly can I get to those 15 posts!

EATA: Hmm, odd, about half my posts seem to be getting trapped in moderation, but others are getting through. Can't see any particular logic to it. I suspect that when they all get unlocked I won't be far off the 15 though!
    Last edited by TPO; 09-22-2010 at 09:29 AM.
    You know the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common:
    they don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views,
    which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.

User Info Menu

Ian, as the economy went downhill, the number of spammers increased dramatically. Drum Chat has become known as a great place for drummers to hang out in a great atmosphere, and spammers wanted to gain entry to the community. Unfortunately, the software had to be adjusted, or the mods would spend every day just looking for spammers. There are certain keywords, and certain activities that trigger the spam alert, and causes the post to be subject to moderation. We try to see them as quickly as possible, but every so often, something gets past us, so your post will help us watch for your posts, in case they need moderation. Thanks.

User Info Menu

Thanks Bob! I'm posting from an international IP so that might be pushing up my spam score. On the board I mod most of the trash comes from abroad. Totally understand the policy, thanks for the assist.
    You know the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common:
    they don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views,
    which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.

User Info Menu

Does posting an article that includes an external picture link get pulled up?

Picture hosting sites obviously work but yesterday I posted an article in the 'recording' forum with a picture link direct to Alesis, so am wondering if this is why it doesn't show

User Info Menu

No, they're not allowed here. Please review the forum rules when you have a chance. Thx!

User Info Menu

Got-cha and thank you Drummer. Tripped me up that one thinking rules were for retards who make unwanted comments.
    Note to ones self, I am a retard so start reading the rules

ddrumman2004 Guest

I replied to a thread I made a post in earlier and while my first post showed up, my reply to pastor Bob did not...held up for moderation.

Maybe it's because I made reference as to where I purchased parts for a FF....a well known auction site?

User Info Menu

Thanks for getting back to me on that question ddrumman. If there was a link, it probably triggered the moderation. I'll check it out.

I might also suggest that if there is a problem with moderation, just PM a mod with the location of the post, and we'll be able to find them faster. Thanks for everyone's patience on this issue.

User Info Menu

Im one of the lucky ones, I have only been moderated once, and it was cleared in 3 minutes!
    -Grampire
    Teams
    Pearl Pack
    Zildjian League
    Evans Empire
    Quote: Ratamycue- Fart, oh man I said a naughty
    RIP Frank
    Pearl Masterworks