Thread: Atlanta Area

User Info Menu

Default Atlanta Area

I live in Buford which is North East of downtown. We are close to the Mall of Georgia. Where are you ?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Atlanta Area

canton

User Info Menu

alpharetta

User Info Menu

I live in the Macon area. Have yall ever entered into the guitar center drum off? what's your experience with that?
    Live Well, Drum Well
    Pearl Vision SST Champagne Sparkle

User Info Menu

i did it once back around 98 or so. it left me with a feeling of meh. nothing great, nothing horrible. i worked for gc as well and and ran a couple of them. it's a competion. i am hyper competitive so if you want to win you have to really want it. set a routine, practice it, observe the time constraints. i did well in the first round but the second round the judges were all more into r&b and styles simmilar. i scored well but only placed 2nd, not good enough. my style just didn't mesh. still got a lot of positive feedback they just liked someone else a little better.
    the saddest things were to see guys get up there and just throw stuff out there. no real direction. playing just fast won't win. and the days of getting up there and just showing rudiments around the kit and double stroke rolls were 50 years ago. the last tid bit i can give you, don't just get up there and play flashy bits from other drummers. falls flat every time. maybe one little homage to someone but not the whole time.
    you have to be prepared for the best and the worst, remember you will be critiqed. also bring a lot of friends, the mroe they cheer you on, the more relaxed you will be and play.

User Info Menu

Columbus, GA...........just outside of Fort Benning

BackStreetDrums Guest

Kennesaw/Acworth

Gretsch Cats/Birch 6pcs

Dream Cymbals/ 18" Bliss Crash-Ride, 16" Thin Bliss Crash. 16" Bliss Med Crash, 22" Vintage Bliss thin ride

Looking to buy a SONOR set-up

User Info Menu

Sugarloaf/Peachtree Ridge

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ettsn View Post
    Sugarloaf/Peachtree Ridge
    Welcome to DC Ettsn