Thread: Danny Carey Clinic

User Info Menu

Default Danny Carey Clinic

Have any of you fellow drum chatters been to the Danny Carey clinics?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0wPxsj-loE"]YouTube- Danny Carey Drum Clinic Audio 9.19.2009[/ame]
    "The kiosk in my temporal lobe is shaped like Rosalynn Carter."

http://www.facebook.com/robert.romeo
    Noble & Cooley Drums
    Sabian Cymbals
    Evans Heads
    DW Pedals and Hardware

User Info Menu

Default Re: Danny Carey Clinic

I saw Danny at the MD Fest several years ago. For some reason it wasn't resonating with me (pardon the pun). He was playing with Tribal Tech (I think) and it was mostly a musical wankfest.

He did no Tool material, so maybe that was my issue.
    Scott G
    Follow me on twitter
    My discography sample
    Strange Americans

Gear:
    Brady
    Gretsch
    Ludwig
    Paiste
    Bosphorus

User Info Menu

i was lucky enough to meet Danny Carey at the original drum shop in Perth when i was 12

amazing drummer

User Info Menu

Never been to his clinic, but I had an amazing seat at a Tool concert about 2 years ago. The stage was set up on the floor of a basketball arena with the seating around the stage like a horse shoe, and my seats were directly left of the stage giving me a perfect shot of the drumset. Any non-drummer Tool fan would have been pissed that the only view was the side of the stage, but it was the perfect seat for me. I could see his feet the whole time, it was fantastic!

User Info Menu

Man, Danny is amazing. Outside of all the folks here at DC, I'd have to say he is very near the top of my list of all-time greatest drummers, if not at the very top.
    Robert

"Ok Guys This Is In Da Key Of Boom Chick Boom Boom Chick...." - SIR PHROGGE

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write a sonnet, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert Heinlein

Zildjian League #1 Flunkie

User Info Menu

Ive never had the opportunity to go to any clinics, drum shows or events like that. Im keeping my eyes and ears open to something close by to me to come around.
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post
    Ive never had the opportunity to go to any clinics, drum shows or events like that. Im keeping my eyes and ears open to something close by to me to come around.
    Clinics are great, like a free master class. Usually tons of giveaways too! I was lucky enough to catch Akira Jimbo at a Mars Music several years ago, one of the coolest experiences ever.

User Info Menu

There aren't any drum shops close to me, so i've never been to any clinics, but I did see Tool live 2 years ago. Unfortunately, my seats were terrible, and didn't have a great view of him. HOWEVER, he had a drum battle with the drummer of the opening band, which was awesome!
    -Reuben

SABIAN SQUAD
    ^^^SGD'S EVANS EMPIRE^^^
    RIP Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

User Info Menu

Dude, I have to say only one thing. Danny Carey can really play the drums!!! He is my personal favorite :-)
    Drumming till my arms and feet go dead!!!