Thread: Welcome!

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Welcome!

I'd like to welcome all of the new members! Thanks for helping us get this thang rollin' !

User Info Menu

I thought there were gonna be refreshments...

User Info Menu

Great job guys.
    Limpy
    *Drum yourself to death

User Info Menu

Definately stand up of you guys!!! Thank you for supporting the board!!!
    Romans 8:28

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Welcome!

Didn't even know about the forum--much less DrumBum--until I saw DrumBum license plate frames on a fellow drummer's car...she told me about the site, so I began poking around here and voila!

Thank you for givin' drummers--especially hand drummers--a place to talk with their brother and sister drummers!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

isnt there supposed to be cake
    Oh tell me where your freedom lies
    The street are fields that never die.
    Deliver me from reasons why
    You`d rather cry
    I`d rather fly.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Boo
    I thought there were gonna be refreshments...

I AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

If in any way I show signs of stupidity or lack of intellegence, this is why:

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

dancing girls..... we need dancing girls!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by zar99
    dancing girls..... we need dancing girls!
    Ha! .......................

User Info Menu

Default Welcome!

Maybe we can get the dancing girls from the Fruit of the Loom commercial--they deserve better.

In the ad, several ladies are dancing around the Fruit of the Loom "fruit", each of whom is supposed to be layin' down a killer dance beat. Watch closely and you can tell the actors aren't playin' their own drums! Listen to the soundtrack and notice how the hand movements don't match the drum sounds.

What a shame, too--the actor depicting the leaves is playin' a cool-looking set of LP congas but the way he's doing it, he might as well be playing oatmeal boxes... now if they had some real congueros on-camera...
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

well maybe they should look u up but first u have to get a banana suit lol
    Oh tell me where your freedom lies
    The street are fields that never die.
    Deliver me from reasons why
    You`d rather cry
    I`d rather fly.

User Info Menu

yeah...they nevr hardly get real musicians for movies and commercials...i think it's beacuse then they can get it filmed faster because they don't have to take chances of the musicians not getting it right the first time...and because real skills come with more of a cost than someone pretending to have those skills