Thread: New singer!!

User Info Menu

Default New singer!!

Well, we finally found him......auditioned this dude yesterday, and he's great! So we're officially a band now, not just 3 guys looking for a singer, lol......we ran through about 9 or 10 songs, this guy is really good, great tone, great pitch, everything.....and my voice blends with his voice very nicely, the harmonies sounded great!!! He's a baritone, though, so his range is slightly limited....(and I mean SLIGHTLY).....but that's okay, I have a large vocal range, and I can sing a lot of the higher stuff, so we should be good to go!! Now all we need is a name.........
    Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.

User Info Menu

The Flying Gorrilas!

User Info Menu

none of that now...sounds old...how bout...Corruptured...lol just slamed that one together.
    "Music is always an experiment."

User Info Menu

what kind of music do you guys play?
    The egg approves!

User Info Menu

This is just a cover band project....yesterday, we ran through Alice In Chains-Would, Them Bones, and No Excuses, Stone Temple Pilots- Vasoline, Interstate Love Song, and Unglued, Seven Mary Three-Cumbersome, Collective Soul-Gel and Heavy, Godsmack-Voodoo and Keep Away, and Soundgarden-Black Hole Sun and Spoonman......for now, we're learning relatively simple songs to start out with, to get the ball rolling a bit more quickly, but eventually, there will be some Dream Theater, Tool, perhaps some Rush (if the dude can sing it).....heavier rock, I guess you could call it, mostly post-1990 with maybe a few kick-a** classics in the mix.

User Info Menu

Cool New singer!!

Big fives, BTG!

Who's the leader? If you're the head honcho, I'd tinker with a few riffs on "BTG" and/or "don't mess with the drummer..."

Great news, bro'!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Well, I don't like the whole "leader" thing....this band is made up of FOUR people, so I really hope there will be no problems or attitudes......the bass player is a buddy of mine from way back, and the guitarist is my girlfriend's brother, so I see no problems there....and the new guy, the singer, seems really cool and down to earth, he doesn't seem to have the "frontman ego" thing......I dunno, I just hate the "I'M the leader of this band" thing, it seems so......well, narcissistic.

User Info Menu

...but anyway, thanks, BB!!

User Info Menu

ya I know what you mean.

My band and I don't have large ego's and if anyone does it would be me. So we all try to keep down to earth. That way we can play and sound better.

Congrats! by the way on the new singer, my band is just trying out a new singer too, so we're in the same boat.
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn

User Info Menu

Congratulations, BTG!

User Info Menu

Hey, thanks, RD, and thanks, Amp, and good luck to you, bro!

User Info Menu

Thats great news BTG, so are you planning on moving into originals after doing some covers?

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

We will probably play some originals just for fun, but we (me, especially) have no aspirations of being rock stars. I do it because I love it....it's my hobby, but I sure as hell wouldn't want it to be my job.

User Info Menu

Really? I would've thought that would be the ultimate goal of being a musician. If I had a job that involved me playing my drums all day, I'd sure as hell take it.

HB58

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

Nah......the Metallica tribute band I was in, we travelled quite a bit....had clubs in 7 states.....it got old for me pretty quickly. I would imagine that life on the road would be horrific, lol....besides, if my ultimate goal was to be a rock star, I would have pursued it at a much, much younger age.

User Info Menu

Fair enough I guess. As long as you're doing it for the music and not for the money, thats cool in my books.

HB58

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

Well, the money is nice...I made a TON of cash with that Metallica tribute band....but it still got old, lol