Thread: PS3 or PS4 or EMAD

User Info Menu

Default PS3 or PS4 or EMAD

What is the difference in sound of the PS3 and PS4?

Would you chose them over the EMAD?
    Gretsch Catalina Maple (Broken down to a 4pc)
    Sabian XS Cymbals
    Paiste Signature 14" Hi Hats

User Info Menu

Default Re: PS3 or PS4 or EMAD

Not gonna lie, I thought you were talking about Playstations. LOLZ

The difference is all sound, feel, and playability.

WHich ever one you choose, is your choice alone.

(I have the Remo Powersonic Clear) It's awsome to say the least.

User Info Menu

I have the EMAD. Personally I like the sound of PS3's better, but I don't have to stuff anything in the bass drum with an EMAD haha. And besides, I had a PS3 a while ago, and my beater put a hole in it within 3 months. Although I think that was because I didn't use a falam slam and I used plastic beaters and I buried the beater. I'm not that stupid anymore haha
    - Zack

User Info Menu

I got the EMAD single ply and that thing is a beast. I to am worried about putting the beater through the head, but I use felt beaters. I may throw the flam on there but I don't like those things. Does anyone think I need to? Never used a clear single ply on the kick before.
    Gretsch Catalina Maple (Broken down to a 4pc)
    Sabian XS Cymbals
    Paiste Signature 14" Hi Hats

User Info Menu

EMAD!...all the way!...great bass drum head...only other head I might consider would be an Aquarian superkick..

User Info Menu

I use the Evans EQ3 set (which is a 2 ply batter, and a single ply reso with a mic hole) with a DW 18" bass drum pillow. I tune up the bass drums batter and resonant heads like I do the toms... then I use the DW pillow to apply the amount of muting I desire to both heads (the DW pillow is designed for this). This allows you to modify your sound on-the-fly, and is deeper and louder then a loosely tuned head. But quite honestly.. I've used the DW pillow with stock heads (tuned ones) and I get pretty much the same level of control and great sound.
    I've got a stack of "the next great thing" kick heads in my closet... but really we're talkin about a ply or two of mylar, and maybe a muffling device of some type.But when all is said and done.. after 20 years of wasting money... I found the "real great thing" and you can't buy it in a store... and it boils down to tuning, muting or muffling, beater type, and mic position. And if you fail to figure any of these things out then the sound guy at the club will trigger your kick through a DM5..LOL!
    But seriously.. if any given head delivers the "SOUND" you are after then go for it.. buy it!
    Drums... That's how I roll!

http://facebook.com/davewilson831

The Gretsch Drums Woodshed

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by scorch whammin View Post
    EMAD!...all the way!...great bass drum head...only other head I might consider would be an Aquarian superkick..

I'm currently using a superkick 1. It's days may be numbered. I was thinking about replacing it before it actually goes and keeping it as a spare. How does the EMAD compare?
    Mmm... Saturns.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by weezy View Post
    I'm currently using a superkick 1. It's days may be numbered. I was thinking about replacing it before it actually goes and keeping it as a spare. How does the EMAD compare?
    I've had EMADS and superkicks. and the superkicks are way better heads for less. Right now i use the superkick 2 on my 22" and i can get so much thump from it. and it tunes amazingly, i can have punchy, thumpy, boomy, any kind of bass sound i want.
    -Steven

User Info Menu

emad 2 for me

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

Have you considered the GMAD? SIngle ply like the EMAD1, but slightly thicker. I love my 22" GMAD.

User Info Menu

So many choices. Would it help if I clarify things if I mentioned that I use Iron Cobra style felt beaters? I like the superkick, but am always open to other options. I prefer my bass drum on the punchy/thumpy end of things, not boomy.
    Mmm... Saturns.

User Info Menu

+1 for the Superkick. Great head, great sound, and i've had it now for about 6 months, and it's still in great shape.
    -Reuben

SABIAN SQUAD
    ^^^SGD'S EVANS EMPIRE^^^
    RIP Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi