Thread: Yamaha DTXpress problem

User Info Menu

Default Yamaha DTXpress problem

Ok I'm not sure if I'll be able to get any help on this but ah well...
    with some of my pads, especially snare and hi-hat, if I strike it hard, I hear other pads going faintly in background. This is especially the case with my hi-hat pad when it is used, and my snare pad is heard. This is annoying when I am playing a standard beat using kick, hat and snare.
    Can anyone give suggestions as to why this is the case?
    Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Yamaha DTXpress problem

I don't own one, but I plan on getting one. I've seen several threads on boards talking about crosstalk, which is what you seem to be experiencing. I think it has to do with the settings on each pad. If you google "DTXpress crosstalk" I think you'll find some relevant discussions on other boards.

Good luck!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Brady View Post
    Ok I'm not sure if I'll be able to get any help on this but ah well...
    with some of my pads, especially snare and hi-hat, if I strike it hard, I hear other pads going faintly in background. This is especially the case with my hi-hat pad when it is used, and my snare pad is heard. This is annoying when I am playing a standard beat using kick, hat and snare.
    Can anyone give suggestions as to why this is the case?
    Any help will be greatly appreciated!!
    Yes...you need to go into trigger settings and set the reject levels for each pad...I know on the DTXtreme III module (in the trigger settings mode), if you strike the pad you want to adjust and then look at the top of the screen, you can see what other pad is being triggered, and then you just have to set your rejection levels for both pads....I am not familiar with the DTXpress module, but I'm sure if you look in the manual you can find further description on how to set trigger rejection levels...Have you asked this question over at DTXperience.com in the DTXpress forum area?...I'm sure someone over there can help!
    Last edited by scorch whammin; 11-11-2009 at 05:10 PM.

User Info Menu

Hey Brady, I have the DTXpress also and yes, you are experiencing cross talk.

The settings on the pads are too sensitive and need to be turned down. In short, the vibrations from your stick striking the snare pad travel through the rack to the other pads and they also sound off. Just go through the manual as the different versions of the DTXpress may work differently on how to turn the sensitivity down.

Good luck, bro.
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

Thanks a lot guys for your help. I will look into it