Thread: VIT!!! {Very Important Thread} ANSWER ASAP!!

User Info Menu

Default VIT!!! {Very Important Thread} ANSWER ASAP!!

ok guys, I need your opinion on this.

well:
    As some of you know, I have an older sister that goes to school far away, and I havent seen her since Christmas. This weekend, my family is going to Pebble Beach, and my sister is flying down to see us. My other sister isnt going on the trip because she has a swim meet. I have an honor band rehersal this weekend and I cannot choose whether to go to the vacation to see my sister, or go to honor band. I need to know by Wednesday, so any suggestions? Please note:

*my other sister isnt going.
    *I only have 4 honor band rehersals before the concert.
    *I havent seen my sister since Christmas, and if I dont go, wont see her for many months.
    *my parents are trying to make me go to the beach, but they dont understand how important band is to me.
    MAJOR FACTOR:
    *If I go to pebble beach, I get to go shopping.

suggestions, please? I dont know what to do!
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

If in any way I show signs of stupidity or lack of intellegence, this is why:

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

Skip band, youve still got another 3 rehersals, besides, if you dont see your sister now, you wont for a long time

You get to go shopping, which girls love, and you get to hang on a beach?

All compared to drumming, which you can do at home, and at school

Definatly take the beach, drums are important, but seeing your family is more important

User Info Menu

go to the beach, you won't see your sister for months, you get to go shopping, and you can practice honor band music when you get home
    The egg approves!

User Info Menu

...darn you ch33zz...beat me to it...
    The egg approves!

User Info Menu

Go see your sister! There's still 3 more practices. Just put in extra practice time on your own (at home, school, etc.) to make sure you have your part down solid. We all know you'll nail it!
    Regal Tip Quantum 3000 nylon tip - my weapons of mass destruction

User Info Menu

Go on holiday. Take your practice pad to brush up if need be. But you still have 4 more rehearsals.

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

Sister.

User Info Menu

Cool Vit!!!

Hey, Lezzle, will you lose credit if you skip one of the practices?

If you wouldn't, I would take the trip...as passionate as I am about my drumming, there is only one thing on earth about which I am more passionate...and that's my family...

as METAL DRUMMER noted, if you keep up your practice, you should give a solid performance!

And speaking as the dad of two daughters, I don't have to tell you that sisters have tighter relationships than brothers...if my bongo heads were as tight as my daughters' sisterly relationship, they'd crack if I touched them with my fingertip ...

keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

lol, yea, me and my sister are VERY close... I call her every day, lol, and she REALLY wanted me to go, so I think I will go. My friend is in honor band too, so shes just going to pick up my music and bring it to me at school.
    Thanks everyone :]
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

Sister. Glad you have a great relationship with her. Tell her we said HELLO!

User Info Menu

Since you do not see your sister too much, skip band rehersal and spend time with her. You got three more band rehersals.

Keith

User Info Menu

Family B4 Music
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn

User Info Menu

>>>*I only have 4 honor band rehersals before the concert.

Leslie, tell the band teacher how important is to you to see your sister. Explain the circumstances to him and he should understand. Ask him how you can prepare better on your own since you'll be missing the rehearsal.
    Drummer Chicks Rule

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by amputechture
    Family B4 Music
    i dissagree with amp on this.(on most occasions) but go with your sister.
    Band: System of a Down
    Song: Atwa

Current: four way independence

User Info Menu

lezzle you get smacked next time i see you for asking such a dumb question!!! GO TO THE BEACH!! if the bands well put toher then they can send you a packet with what they are gunna resherse in it!!!
    PRACTICE SAFE BANGING!!! play drums! My Pearl Session Kit

User Info Menu

lol, thanks everyone! im goin with my sis =]
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

i dissagree with amp on this.(on most occasions) but go with your sister.
    really drum fiend

you think music is more important than family?

explain.
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn