Thread: Parts of a song, bridge chorus.. etc

User Info Menu

Default Parts of a song, bridge chorus.. etc

just out of curiosity, in case i ever want to start a band, and just for the heck of it, what is exactly the Bridge, Chorus and Verse of a song, not only that, but how does it change what you play, for example, the music changes in the bridge and then the Chorus then the verse and so on

User Info Menu

Brigdge: contrasting section. Can be in a different key, tempo or signature. Often used to prepare for the climax of the song

Verse: usually two or more sections with exactly the same music but different words

Chorus: (refrain) also contrasts with verse usually by means of greater dynamics and instumentation.

Guitar solo: the whole purpose of the song

User Info Menu

honestly

what more is there to say?
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddebris

That's an outrage!!
    Last edited by drummer; 02-27-2007 at 03:28 PM.

User Info Menu

The Chorus is the part everyone sings along to in the crowd, cause they (should) know the lyrics because they are repeated.

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

Ha ha
    The chorus is the only part i can remember!!! Just kidding..
    i woud say the chorus and bridge would be the most important part of the song because they are the heart of the song..

User Info Menu

I think you mean chorus and verse.

User Info Menu

Cool Parts of a song: Bridge, chorus, etc...

Every song tells a story, or so says Rod Stewart...

Chorus (a/k/a "refrain") is the hook that attracts you to the story...some songs start with the chorus...

Verses are chapters or scenes in the story...some songs open with the first part of the story then go to the chorus...

Bridge is as it sounds--links one or more scenes in the story...and to the climax of the story...

Coda is the epilogue of the story...

keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

And the Guitar Solo

Is the unimaginative pointless part of the song, that ignorrant stuck up "musicians" neeed.
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Parts of a song...

Quote Originally Posted by amputechture
    And the Guitar Solo

Is the unimaginative pointless part of the song, that ignorrant stuck up "musicians" neeed.
    Yeah, amp...it interferes with the DRUM solo, the imaginative focus of the song...the main point of the whole tune, bro'!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

That's an outrage!!
    Agreed!
    I AM SABIAN MAN!

Next Drum Purchase: Piccolo Snare
    Next Cymbal purchase: Splash cymbal and splash claw.

User Info Menu

confirmed!