Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has any drummer sitting in on your drums...

User Info Menu

Default Has any drummer sitting in on your drums...

...broke your favorite cymbal, and you just feel like beating his head to a pulp!?

User Info Menu

Nope. I break all my own cymbals, and do all my own stunts.

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

I've had that with heads before, one guy who I wasn't crazy about before this happened broke my double pedal once - I stopped lending stuff out after that. The only person besides me that plays my kit is my son but he's pretty destructive too.

User Info Menu

I don't let anyone play my drums. Problem solved.
    Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.

User Info Menu

stiil great friends with my drummer friend that broke my crash like 17 years ago, however he STILL has not been allowed to touch my gear since. i would have kicked his arse but he is a mutant freak of nature that is likley to eat me if i even tried.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain
    stiil great friends with my drummer friend that broke my crash like 17 years ago, however he STILL has not been allowed to touch my gear since. i would have kicked his arse but he is a mutant freak of nature that is likley to eat me if i even tried.
    That's why they invented knee caps my friend.

User Info Menu

Lol, Well, i mean if its the cymbals time i understand

But if hes whaling on it (lets suppose its a thin crash) and hes pounding it, with the worst technique, with the head of the stick, thast understandable

but if their just playing moderate, with low cymbals, wtih a right technique and its the cymbals time to give (lets say 15 years after purchasing) then thats another thing

But so far, nope, nobodys broken anything on my kit, if someone cracked one of my cymbals, i wouldnt be suprised, ma cymbals suck

User Info Menu

Cool Has any drummer sitting in on your drums...

Quote Originally Posted by drummer
    ...broke your favorite cymbal, and you just feel like beating his head to a pulp!?
    Nope!

Nobody wants to sit in on my drums (they're more likely to break their hands if they try to play congas! )
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

It happened with a student. I left the room to get something. I heard him start jammin away pretty hard. Came back 5 minutes later and he was apologizing for cracking my pang cymbal. It was absolutely my favorite. I was so upset but trying not to show it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddebris
    That's why they invented knee caps my friend.
    LOL! yeah, I would be really mad if somebody broke my cymbals...but I'd make them pay for it....definitely...especially if it was my favorite....
    The egg approves!

User Info Menu

my cousin broke my ride one time on purpose cuz he got mad at me...

ooooh. he wasnt pretty after i got a hold of him.
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

If in any way I show signs of stupidity or lack of intellegence, this is why:

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

i should have got you to take care of the giant samoan/indian bohemoth that broke mine. this man once cracked my skull open and sent me to the hospital in a drunken headbutting contest. it was the only time ive ever been knocked out. and like i said, im still good friends with him.

User Info Menu

haha i have a crazy friend like that

the bassist in my band.

But we never fight, physically that is.

We have shouting matches every few days.
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn

User Info Menu

oh, we werent fighting. just being drunk and stupid. i never thought there would be harder skull than mine on this earth, i was wrong.

User Info Menu

i hope none of my cymbals break..i have A customs..thats some expensive shizz

User Info Menu

Default Re: Has any drummer sitting in on your drums...

my sisters friend broke my stciks once

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigTallG View Post
    I don't let anyone play my drums. Problem solved.
    thats exactly right, i only let people that have experience and i can trust
    being a succesful musician has nothing to do with being signed, popular or making alot of money. It has to do with making great music.

User Info Menu

Never have but if it was under normal circumstances it would be cool. If they are doing something they are not supposed to them then game on. I go through the same stuff with softball. Some of my bats cost over 200 bucks and some they dont make anymore. If I allow someone to use it and it breaks so be it. But if you dont ask and you break it you bought it.
    Dave

Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi
    RIP my friend

Proud member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"

User Info Menu

I still can't imagine how anyone can break a cymbal. I've never known of anyone doing that.

User Info Menu

aw..my cousin hits way to hard its very annoying

User Info Menu

If any other drummer play in my kit...and Broke some Cymbals...
    I will kill him/her instantly....
    My Kit :
    TAMA Imperialstar Midnight Blue
    REMO Encore Heads....
    Meinl Cowbell
    16" Zildjian Avedis Thin Crash
    16" Paiste Alpha Medium Crash
    20" Meinl Rakes Medium Ride
    14" Paiste 3000 Rude Hi-Hat
    8" PST-5 Splash
    6" Meinl Classic Splash
    10" WUHAN S series Splash
    16" ZHT EFX
    17" Stagg China
    P122 Double bass pedal

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fiacovaz View Post
    I still can't imagine how anyone can break a cymbal. I've never known of anyone doing that.
    I all but got into an arguement onetime with a guy at MF. I had ordered some cymbals and he's tellin' me the whole time, "Man, You really need to get the warranty on these..." I just said nah, It's okay man just shoot the cymbals out to me okay. Well now if you break em we can't cover it after a period of time, I don't remember. I just told him nah, I've never broken a cymbal. "Uh, dup, well, I've broken a bunch of em, You must not play too much or you don't play any rock..." I just politely explained to this individual, No sir, I do indeed play rock, I've played 26 years worth of this rock... Got quiet after that and got my order completed. Those cymbals, AAX 10" splash and 14" Zildy hats are still in service and I blast em around purdy good...
    Q-Would you buy another one if it were stolen?
    A-Well yeah... But, I'd probly turn into a homicidal maniac first!

ThePloughman Guest

I sometimes supply the drumset for several different players to use at gospel venues we play. I have a few standard rules, if you break it you fix it, no Ahead sticks, the toms and cymbal placements do not adjust, if you want tilt on the snare we can adjust that, spring tensions arent changed, and if I give you the eye, back off. I have all professional grade gear in excellent condition. I dont think thats too much to ask of a person getting to sit down to 5K worth of drumset for free. Ive played 34 years and havent broken a cymbal. I used teh same 2002 Paiste cymbals for over 25 years. I once missed a hairline crack on a Zildjian 17" K dark crash I picked up in a pawnshop....... it buzzed on the second hit, so I know it was already there. I think if anyone is using your kit at a venue they owe you the respect and courtesy of being thoughtfully careful of how they play your gear. If they arent, I think you are fully within your rights to toss them off the kit right in the middle of their set, regardless of the venue. I try to make that understood right from the gate.

User Info Menu

I don't mind if its a friend or family but a total stranger? I'm not sure how I'll feel about that
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hellsbells58 View Post
    Nope. I break all my own cymbals, and do all my own stunts.

HB58
    Chuck does all my stunts.

havent broke a cymbal yet, but feel it coming.

if women don't find you handsome.
    they should atleast find you handy.