Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drummer's version of American Idol

User Info Menu

Default Drummer's version of American Idol

Bongobro gave me the coolest idea ion the Corrupt A Wish thread:

We should have our own competition to see who can do the best solo!
    Just take a video or an audio of you drum soloing and give us a link.

But now the question is who would judge?
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."
    - Henry David Thoreau

My set: Sonor Force 2003 Fusion Kit. 16" B8 Thin Crash, 20" B8 Ride, 16" Wuhan China, 14" B8 hi-hats, 10" AAX Splash
    PDP Double bass Pedal, PDP throne.

User Info Menu

That would be kick big butt. Judges woould be famour Drummers like Peart, Thomas Lang, Jeff Queen and more. This would be better than American Idol. It could be named American Drummer

User Info Menu

So it's not really talent, but the ability to host and post an audio or a video that wins it for you? What if I just tell you I should be in the finals? Maybe I could be a judge?

User Info Menu

I think drummer should be the judge, he is the moderator and he has played professionally before. That being said, I'd still love to hear him submit an entry. I might get on it once I have some more time.

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

ROCKSTAR LED ZEPPELIN.....a nation wide search for a permanant seat at bonhams throne. now that would rule.

User Info Menu

omg!! im so in.
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

If in any way I show signs of stupidity or lack of intellegence, this is why:

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

that would be pretty sweet.

I was actually thinking about something like today too, should there be different groups too, like for different styles and different experience levels??

Just a suggestion. To make it more fair for us wee ones
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn

User Info Menu

we could be placed in age groups.

ive always wanted to have a drumoff with amp... haha
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

We could have it at DrumOff.com

User Info Menu

I can't take video...but I can take a bunch of pics and make a flip book....haha
    The egg approves!

User Info Menu

Yeah there are alot of details that need to be worked out, not to mention what we do with members like eggman, who can't record themselves.

but as far as age groups go, I think that sounds like a good idea.
    The length of how long you have been playing isn'y really fair because you get that random guy(or girl) who plays drums for a week and can play "Tom Sawyer".

keep the suggestions coming and someone contact drummer!
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."
    - Henry David Thoreau

My set: Sonor Force 2003 Fusion Kit. 16" B8 Thin Crash, 20" B8 Ride, 16" Wuhan China, 14" B8 hi-hats, 10" AAX Splash

User Info Menu

Pro Sound, at least in Colorado, use to have a contest called Drum Wars. You would submit a video of a solo. Then the hot 100 drummers would come into the store and play live. It was an all day event and pretty cool. The first year I came in 43 out 13xx people.

Keith

User Info Menu

Personally i think everyone should put the drumming on here, with no groups or anything. Because it's not like people are just gonna watch the really good people, well i wont anyways, i'm interested in how good each person on here can play, not just the best.

User Info Menu

we could be placed in age groups.

ive always wanted to have a drumoff with amp... haha
    Bring it on Lez Marie, I can take you!

You could also do it bracket style, like March Madness.

It could be easier that way, judging two solo's instead of like 30 all together.

I think that is probably the best way.
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

User Info Menu

Cool Drummer's version of American Idol

Are there going to be separate categories for hand drummers and set drummers? Between 1DB, drummer, congalary and me, that's a bracket of four right there!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Ya I was thinking about that too

Maybe we should get this thing moving eh drummers??

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

User Info Menu

it would be fun. but i wouldnt win
    max

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by amputechture
    Bring it on Lez Marie, I can take you!

You could also do it bracket style, like March Madness.

It could be easier that way, judging two solo's instead of like 30 all together.

I think that is probably the best way.
    bring it on cole bradley.

{i think ur middle names brad? lol idk}
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by amputechture
    Ya I was thinking about that too

Maybe we should get this thing moving eh drummers??
    You know what? I gonna make this thing official.
    BUT!!
    I'm giving everyone one week to prepare!

Alright everyone get your solos ready! Its time to select the winner of this year's:
    Drumchat Champion!

Here are the rules:
    SET DRUMMERS:
    - No more than 6 minutes long (just because I don't think you wanna play a ten minute long drum solo and it will make it easier on our judge. Who will, be determined after the rules are set in stone.)
    - No other instrument accompaniment! Xylophones and drum toys(tambourines, cowbells, etc.) are allowed, but guitars, bass guitars, pianos, etc. are not.
    - You may give us a new solo or keep using the one you previously gave us when you are judged in a new bracket. (For example: Lezzledrummer and Amp go at it, Lezzle wins the bracket. Lezzle can go on with the current solo, or give a new one before she is judged in the next bracket.)
    - HAVE SOME SPORTSMANSHIP!!! Don't get mad just cause you lost, congratulate the winner and go on. (we might do this again later... )

HAND DRUMMERS: (bongobro help me out with this one)
    - The same rules apply, but you will be judged in a different circuit.

Aight y'all! Its game time...
    - Henry David Thoreau

User Info Menu

dude that sounds fun

User Info Menu

My webcam isnt working right now but ill try to get a video in.

User Info Menu

(For example: Lezzledrummer and Amp go at it, Lezzle wins the bracket. Lezzle can go on with the current solo,
    OHHH SO NOW U THINK LEZZLE IS BETTER EH???

PPRFFF

Alright ya we already did something like this in another thread...im thinking bracket style would be best, and uhm oh ya its gonna be an annual thing

GET READY DRUMMERS FOR THE FIRST ANNUAL DRUM SOLO DRUM CHAT COMPETITION

visit anyone one of our fine sponsors sites:
    www.mcdonalds.com
    www.pepsi.com
    www.dwdrums.com

good luck
    and god's speed

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

User Info Menu

Sweet DW is sponsoring, just like they did for Guitar Hero 2 :p

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

Lol ya that's great, too bad only gibson sponsored for guitars though, I wanted to see a Tele!!

Guitar hero is sweet...

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

User Info Menu

Lol, but we can all agree on these rules correct?

Then instead of judges we will post polls and have drumchat vote on which is the better solo.

And then send them up against the next guys(or girls) in line (exactly like a bracket style).

So send me a PM saying you are DEFINATLY participating. And I'll get a bracket sheet worked out.
    - Henry David Thoreau