Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Default Re: Tribute to Frank

I was reading through an older thread that mentioned the dualist triple pedal, and I saw that I had asked how they worked. Well what I had never seen before is that Frank answered me. He said "They operate on the three knee method, right knee, left knee, wee knee " I thought this was great, thought I would share that with anyone who didn't catch it.
    "You have to love music more then food. More than air. More than yourself."-The Wizard (August Rush)

I think I can realistically say that I will never be too old to laugh at a fart. Ever. -dave0549jv

If we give up, we will never know what we might have been. - Pastor Bob

DC Record for most users online at once! Be there or be square! http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html
    RIP Frank

User Info Menu

I only recently came back to forum and was shocked to hear of franks passing. I cant say i knew him or had the honour of interacting much with him, but i know he was a great force in our great community here and he will be greatly missed. there is not one of us on this forum that has not been touched by frank, whether we have used some of his advice on drumming, or known him on a more personal level. there are not many people with the impact that frank had and continues to have. RIP brother, you will be greatly missed
    lifes too short so love the one ya got cuz ya might get run over or ya might get shot.

User Info Menu

Unhappy Re: Tribute to Frank

and wow.... i just looked at the other thread and realized that Frank passed on my birthday... what a shock what a shock he will be missed
    lifes too short so love the one ya got cuz ya might get run over or ya might get shot.

Larrysperf Guest

Its funny how someone you have never met but only talked to can put a imprint on your life. We were out for dinner and I was eating and out of the blue I thought Frank would really like this sandwich. He talked about drums and food and I was eating a Italion sausage with hot peppers and all the fixins. He was a very big influence on me and I still miss him, and am not afraid to say I still tear up when I think about him
    Last edited by Larrysperf; 04-01-2010 at 06:51 PM.

User Info Menu

OK guys, Thanks for opening the flood gates again. I was lost for days when I heard of frank heading home. I never thought I could be so affected by the lose of a forum freind. Frank was one of the first to welcome me to the chat. I was honored to be one of the last people to have talked with him in the shout box the night before he passed. I have a place in my heart for this community of friends and brothers/sisters. Truly an escape from the frustrations of life. Thank all of you for the support I've gotten here and Thank you frank for impacting my life in the way you have so many. Does anyone haver a tissue I could use? Thanks for the thread fella's! F/T

User Info Menu

Even though i never knew Frank,i really wish i would have had,as he seems to me as an amazing and very wise drummer.Im truly sorry for this loss.

User Info Menu

You are right DaSoul, Frank was indeed an amazing and wise drummer, and an even better man. He will always be missed here.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Yes he will....Every once in a while, i'll go through old threads and find one of his posts...I still choke up.
    -Reuben

SABIAN SQUAD
    ^^^SGD'S EVANS EMPIRE^^^
    RIP Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

User Info Menu

I truly miss him. I remembered the day his son posted the unfortunate news on his facebook I couldn't believe it.
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

Although I never met Frank personally I consider him a dear friend. Awesome guy.
    Dave

Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi
    RIP my friend

Proud member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Tribute to Frank

Quote Originally Posted by fumbled time View Post
    ....Does anyone haver a tissue I could use?
    Borrow mine...I have trouble reading some of these comments because my screen starts getting blurry...

I don't think anyone in DrumChat will ever know the impact Frank made on all of us...at least not right now...
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

Larrysperf Guest

This is my 2500 post so this is to you Frank Miss you alot NUFF SAID

User Info Menu

Very nice thought Larry!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

I agree. WTG Larry.

User Info Menu

i didnt know frank but from what i keep reading, he seems like he was a truly great individual. wish i could have known him.
    Zildjian-Gretsch-Remo
    "drumming is about time and I'm still having a good time!"

User Info Menu

little a, Frank had been a music director, he played in a Big Band ensemble, he held our feet to the fire when anyone was looking for a fast way to learn (it's about "practice, practice, practice"), and most of all, he was a gentleman. He could correct with tough truths, and he rarely went over the line. On the rare occasion that he did, he was quick to apologize. He was a fine man, and he is missed by us all.

User Info Menu

well thanks for filling me in PB...he sounds like a fantastic guy.
    Zildjian-Gretsch-Remo
    "drumming is about time and I'm still having a good time!"

User Info Menu

It's Frank B-day today, I'm sure his family really misses him :(

Larrysperf Guest

Happy Birthday Frank

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Larrysperf View Post
    I still miss him, and am not afraid to say I still tear up when I think about him
    you are not alone.........
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

Hope he noticed those amazing cymbals at the super bowl.
    PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY
    TERROROUS TENORS
    TAMAHOLIC
    RIP frank. You'll never be forgotten.
    Post by Yohin: "I never say anything good enough for anyone's sig."

User Info Menu

Sorry Frank never knew you cause I'm a newbie but of what I read from other members you were respected and will be sadly missed. RIP drum buddy.

User Info Menu

when i got back to drumming 2 1/2 year ago

he was there for me and when i knew from here that he past away i start crying

never meet the guy

because i have chat whith him that is condition was lot better and Bang

what a awful news

always good poeple go first

maybe that why i am still here

salut frank from frenchie

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

well id noticed a few people had put 'rip frank' etc. in their signatures so i was wondering who he was, what he did, what he was like etc. By reading a few posts in this thread, he sounded like a pretty decent guy. wouldnt have minded getting to know him and im sorry for the loss guys.

rip frank
    Pdp LXE | Pearl ELX Export

'Give me your fingernails, oh look, the moon' - Todd Sucherman.