Thread: snare guts help

User Info Menu

Default snare guts help

Hey guys I just got home from vacation and I wanted to jam but the plastic part of the springs for my snare is broken so I took it off and replaced it with an old snare spring from an older snare I had which I have for spare parts since its an incomplete drum (its also a cheap snare so its not wurth rebuilding). The old snare guts were like a centimeter longer than my previous snares guts but when I put the on and tightened it as much as i could the snares still didn't touch the bottom head efficiently.

You know what I just lined them up and there the same length so the real problem is. How do I get the snare on tight enough. (youtube time)
    Last edited by Beetbox; 11-28-2009 at 08:48 PM.
    You can't change the past but you can always alter the future.

User Info Menu

Default Re: snare guts help

I have had this problem before. In my case, the knob that tightened the snares was actually not working properly, so I replaced that and it worked fine.
    Matt

User Info Menu

Look close and see if you put the snare on upside down...
    Play to win my friend, and make sure you see you won in the eyes of others not that of your own, then truly you've won...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cuz Doc drummer View Post
    Look close and see if you put the snare on upside down...
    Happens all the time.

How to put on snares.
    1. Put throw off lever in the on position.
    2. Turn tension knob to 1/2 way.
    3. Put wires on snug but not tight.
    Now you will have the full range of adjustmen on your snares.

User Info Menu

If after that(what the last guy said ^) the snares are still a bit loose, you can loosen the reso head, and that will bring it closer to te snares, but only slightly. That tip is mainly to reduce some of the inevitable snare buzz.