Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: what drum set do you use?

User Info Menu

Arrow what drum set do you use?

the drums that is use are ludwiq. because i think that they looke nice and sound grate and they do not cost as much either.

User Info Menu

pearl export (classic kit !) in VERY shiny chrome finish ,sabian and meinl cymbals.

User Info Menu

CB mx series and a Roland TD-10 V-drum set. Lookin' at a Pearl Master MRX set right now (saved up half the $ so far!).
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

know ive posted this before but i got a polished chrome Pearl Session with Paiste, Wuhan, and Zildjian cymbals
    PRACTICE SAFE BANGING!!! play drums! My Pearl Session Kit

User Info Menu

12 piece kit:
    Drums: Slingerland 7 piece (12", 13", 14", 15" concert toms, 16" floor tom, 5 1/2 x 14" metal snare), Remo Roto-toms (6", 6", 8", 10"), Tama Camco double bass pedal,
    Cymbals: Sabian 14" AA Sizzle Hats, Paiste 2000 8" splash, old "Paiste Ludwig standard" 14" crash, Paiste 404 16" crash, Paiste 404 20" ride, Paiste 3000 16" china, World Percussion 12" china, World Percussion 14" china,
    Percussion: LP ice bell, LP cowbell, sleigh bells, LP tamborine, OM chimes, Remo 10" Spoke
    Regal Tip Quantum 3000 nylon tip - my weapons of mass destruction

User Info Menu

YAHAHA Custom Noveau 5 piece set. Cranberry/Dark Cherry Wood. Evans Genera G2 Clear Tom Heads. I'm happy with the AMBASSADOR Heads on Snare and Evans EMAD Bass drum head. Great sound. I'm not happy with the volume that I get out of the 10" hi toms and 12" med tom. Evans heads helped. The 16" floor tom is so-so in volume but the tone is not that bad. I play classic rock so I bought triggers and the Roland module for $180 on e-bay and use the Ibenaz Amp. that I use for my Yamaha electronic kit. Now I'm good to go. No trouble with my toms being drowned out anymore. I record all of our gigs and the band agrees that the drum samples along with the acoustic drums sounds project with a full and always harmonic tone. I've had other drummer approach me about my snare and bass drum. Best sounding snare they've ever heard (they say). I would like to find a nice sounding 8" by 14" snare personally. Oak or KOA wood if that's possible to see what type of sound I can get out of that snare drum. I'm a virgo so I will spend hours lisening for the sound that I want out of my drum. One of the few things that I'm patient doing is tuning.
    Last edited by Timer; 08-01-2006 at 03:47 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by METAL DRUMMER
    12 piece kit:
    Drums: Slingerland 7 piece (12", 13", 14", 15" concert toms, 16" floor tom, 5 1/2 x 14" metal snare), Remo Roto-toms (6", 6", 8", 10"), Tama Camco double bass pedal,
    Cymbals: Sabian 14" AA Sizzle Hats, Paiste 2000 8" splash, old "Paiste Ludwig standard" 14" crash, Paiste 404 16" crash, Paiste 404 20" ride, Paiste 3000 16" china, World Percussion 12" china, World Percussion 14" china,
    Percussion: LP ice bell, LP cowbell, sleigh bells, LP tamborine, OM chimes, Remo 10" Spoke
    Dang!!!! Man, yor practice room must be HYOOGE!!!
    Romans 8:28

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.

User Info Menu

Talking Oh Sh#T I finally got it!

Maybe you guys remember me......I now am the proud owner of the Roland VPro kit With the TD20 Brain.....alot for a new guy or should I say drummer returned after 17 yrs. So I know rudaments are not bad mints.

User Info Menu

Pearl kit, Zildjian cymbals and cowbell and all that good stuf
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

If in any way I show signs of stupidity or lack of intellegence, this is why:

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

I use a vintage Rogers Big-R "XP-8" Memriloc, Fullerton Era Drums with Keller 8-ply all maple shells.

"The Recording Set-Up" model from the late 70's with metallic silver wrap

It came with 11 pieces, with toms ranging from 6"-20" a 24" kick and a 1968 5x14 PowerTone COB metal snare drum snare.

I only use 5 of these currenty, confiqured with one tom up and two on the floor.

I use 10" 14"hats 16" 18" 20" Zildjian ZBT's mixed with 2 vintage Paiste 502's, a 22" ride and a 22" China. I broke all the other 502's over the years.

I also own a 1968 - Beaver Tail Lug Era - made in Dayton, OH
    Model no. 2806 Rogers Headliner 4 Piece Drum Set

This Rogers drum set is all in tact, I am the original owner, the set was purchased from a well known salesman/drummer named Ellis Tolan who worked at 8th Music Store in Philadelphia Pa. I purchased these, brand new, in August of 1968 as I was entering my senior year in high school.

This Rogers drum set consists of:

14x20 bass drum, 8x12 mounted tom-tom, 16x16 tom-tom with legs, 5x14 PowerTone COB metal snare drum, 4012 "giant" snare stand, 360 Swiv-o-matic single bass drum mounted tom-tom holder, 48-003 bass mounted Swiv-o-matic cymbal holder, 395 Swiv-o-matic bass drum foot pedal with solid foot-board, 4402 Swiv-o-matic hi-hat with solid foot-board, 4409 Rodgers drum key

silver sparkle finish

Complete drum set listed for $555.00

extras: 2 4403 "PRO" Floor cymbal stands with Swiv-o-matic 320 tilter
    listed for $15.00 each

Anybodybody else have an interest in vintage drums?

Rich
    Last edited by DrumMajor; 09-13-2006 at 09:52 PM.

User Info Menu

Pearl 5 pc. Maple shells, lacquered. Bearing edges professionally done, triggers installed inside every drum. 22X16, 10X8, 12X10, 14X14 on legs. Yamaha maple custom snare. Mixed hardwear (pearl, tama, dw). Pearl double pedal. Meinl timbale mounted on the left. 7 cymbals... Sabian HH ride, Sabian AA 16", 18". Zildjian 18", 14" HH's, Zildjian Pang, 10" Sabian splash. Sometimes I'll add a Kat controller with a D4 sound source. I have a AKG D120mounted inside the kick drum. My drums "sing" and I get numerous compliments on them. One of our sound guys does a lot of big acts that come to town. He says he thinks mine sound better than all of them. Well, I don't know about that, but they do sound great!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TJMURF98
    Maybe you guys remember me......I now am the proud owner of the Roland VPro kit With the TD20 Brain.....alot for a new guy or should I say drummer returned after 17 yrs. So I know rudaments are not bad mints.
    Finally got them, huh?!?! Right on!! How do you like the TD-20 kit? When I first got my Roland kit you could'nt get me to take the headphones off!

Out of curiosity, does the TD-20 module take the expansions cards that are available for the TD-10? I've been looking at upgrading from my TD-8 to the TD-10 for that reason, but if they can be used on the 20, I might as well go all out.
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer
    Pearl 5 pc. Maple shells, lacquered. Bearing edges professionally done, triggers installed inside every drum. 22X16, 10X8, 12X10, 14X14 on legs. Yamaha maple custom snare. Mixed hardwear (pearl, tama, dw). Pearl double pedal. Meinl timbale mounted on the left. 7 cymbals... Sabian HH ride, Sabian AA 16", 18". Zildjian 18", 14" HH's, Zildjian Pang, 10" Sabian splash. Sometimes I'll add a Kat controller with a D4 sound source. I have a AKG D120mounted inside the kick drum. My drums "sing" and I get numerous compliments on them. One of our sound guys does a lot of big acts that come to town. He says he thinks mine sound better than all of them. Well, I don't know about that, but they do sound great!
    I think I saw you on tour once...I swear there was a kitchen sink up there somewhere !
    BOOOOOO!!!

User Info Menu

ok so mine has grown a little now too ..

pearl export in shiny crome PLUS ...8" and 10 " kestral toms 16" sabian b8 crash ...16" zildjian scimiter rock crash ....12 " paiste alpha splash ...20" B8 ride (or paiste 302+ ride i like both)

SAW THIS THE OTHER DAY .......WOW !!!!!

imagine setting that up for a gig in a local pub ...lol
    Last edited by pinkfloyd; 09-15-2006 at 04:18 AM.

User Info Menu

Man, I could watch Terry Bozzio play that ALL DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User Info Menu

10 pedals man ....thats just awesome !!

User Info Menu

for those that haven`t had the pleasure .

http://www.vicfirth.com/artists/bozzio/mediaframe.html

User Info Menu

He's taken the melodic drumming thing to a whole new level.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pinkfloyd
    ok so mine has grown a little now too ..

pearl export in shiny crome PLUS ...8" and 10 " kestral toms 16" sabian b8 crash ...16" zildjian scimiter rock crash ....12 " paiste alpha splash ...20" B8 ride (or paiste 302+ ride i like both)

SAW THIS THE OTHER DAY .......WOW !!!!!

imagine setting that up for a gig in a local pub ...lol
    How did you get that picture of my practice room?

Just kiddin'

BUT I did get a chance to see Bozzio with Jeff Beck a few years ago, they opened for Santana.

During Santana's encore number Boz' joined in. It was an amazing show.

I also went to a clinic run by Bobby Rock, he had eleven pedals and I got a chance to fool around on his set. I do mean fool around, way to much for me.

Rich

User Info Menu

don`t be too hard on yourself rich it`s too much for any man unless you are called bobby rock or terry bozzio.!!

11 pedals ...my god ....thats like 1 single and 5 doubles .(or equvilant)...thats like 6000 dollars just on pedals .

damn !!

User Info Menu

Wow thats really cool
    Last edited by Lezzledrummer; 09-30-2006 at 10:13 AM. Reason: messed up my typing
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

man i want to play on a set like that so bad....i could do so much with that many pedals....ahh..

User Info Menu

yes.. but how would u press more than 2 pedals at one time?
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

Bobby Rock is now using only 9 pedals and some are DW custom stuff with extended footboards so he can play more than one at a time.

4 bass drums
    1 hi hats
    3 remote hi hats
    1 cowbell hooked to a pedal

Rich

User Info Menu

I've been wanting to get a second cowbell and mount it to a pedal too.