Thread: Roto Tom Mounting

User Info Menu

Default Roto Tom Mounting

Hey all!! I'm wanting to mount my Roto Toms (6,8 and 10") on something other than a cymbal stand via that pain in the *** metal block at the top to hold everything from moving.
    Does anyone have any ideas or experience with mounting these relics from the rail with a multi clamp or another creative way??I'm actually wanting to have them mounted on a small bass drum as rack toms would normally be mounted.Any help or creative ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Roto Tom Mounting

Yeah, that's a good idea if the hole diameter in the bass drum is compatable. I have mine mounted to my left (right-handed) using the stand that came with it. It has to be strategectly located in conjunction with my hi-hat, but it's worth it. Their fun to play with.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Custom Classic Pro Maple 6
    8",10",12",13" Mounted Toms
    (2)14",16" Floor Toms
    22" x 18" Kick
    6",8",10" Roto Toms
    14" x 6.5" Mapex Black Panther Snare
    13" x 3" Pearl Piccolo Snare
    Sabian: 13" Paragon Hats
    14" HH X Hats
    22" Paragon Ride
    (2) 16" Paragon Crashes
    20" Paragon Crash
    18" Paragon Crash
    20" Paragon Small Flange China
    19" Paragon China
    Wuhan:20"with gingles
    8",10" Splash
    Roc N Soc Lunar
    DW 8002B Pedals
    Tambourine
    Cowbell
    Sabian Squad

C C Militia

User Info Menu

Hello biff and welcome to DrumChat. Half of my roto toms are mounted on the standard roto rail and the other half is mounted via my Gibraltar muticlamps. Here are a few pics of my rotos racked on the Gibraltar rack.

You didn't mention if you had a rack but in case you don't, you can build a percussion rack using some inexpensive Gibraltar pipe pieces (36") $19.99 usd each and a few muti clamps $29.00 each.

User Info Menu

Here's a bird's eye view of the entire left side of my kit. You can see how well the Gibraltar muticlamps help tie the two separate roto toms racks together.
    Last edited by late8; 11-30-2009 at 03:57 PM. Reason: grammar

User Info Menu

Another way to mount Roto Toms to Racks or other hardware will take a bit more materials and possibly help from a welder!
    Cut the T-bar with a cutting torch, that comes with the Roto Toms into sections for each roto, then weld a bar to the bottom of the T-bar and tada, you have a roto tom that can be mounted anywhere you imagination can put it, plus you can easily adjust the height on your setup.

User Info Menu

Mine came on a tripod stand with an extension tube up top. You could take out the extension tube and use a multi-clamp if you have a rack.

Otherwise just use the stand that they came with.
    Signature here