Thread: whick band do you like?

User Info Menu

Arrow whick band do you like?

the band that i like is led zeppelin. i like led zeppelin because they could play all types of rock and they were all one of a kind.

User Info Menu

No question, Led Zeppelin is a great band. There are so many good ones, it's hard for me to pick just one. Of course, just when you pick one that you,ve been listening to for years, along comes some great new band!

I think Santana is a great band that has stood the test of time. They're a great fusion of rock and Latin influences.

I also like Pink Floyd, just because they're they're not afraid to be different (listen to the songs "Pigs," "Dogs," or "Sheep"). Pink Floyd was either brilliant, or seriously on something!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

If ever I'm locked away and I can only listen to one band in my entire life it'll be Nightwish!
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

RUSH.

Been my favorite band since I heard their album A Farewell to Kings. It is in my humble opinion the best collection of drum tracks ever. (the bass player and guitar player are pretty good too)

I've owned every album they have made. Just caught them in concert last sunday night. And after 33 years the boys can still make me sit back and go WOW!

User Info Menu

My favourite band since the early 70's without a doubt Genesis then later that decade Queen cause Mercury was such a showman. The so called big groups of the time i liked a few of there songs (the Stones, The Who and The Beatles bearing in mind they broke up in 69)

In the last 20 years it has to be B.J.

User Info Menu

Alice In Chains.
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    I also like Pink Floyd, just because they're they're not afraid to be different (listen to the songs "Pigs," "Dogs," or "Sheep"). Pink Floyd was either brilliant, or seriously on something!

How does "probably both" sound to you there PB?

Oh and Corky, who is B.J.? I don't wanna sound stupid, but I just couldn't think of anyone.

For me, if I'm only choosing 1 band, like if I was going to be trapped on a deserted island and I could only pick the albums of 1 band to listen to - Tool. No matter how many times you listen to their songs, there is so many layers of intracasy andjust phenomenal playing (ESPECIALLY on the drums) it never, ever gets old or boring. It just doesn't. I can't even think of how many times I've listend to 46 & 2 or Ticks and Leeches and still everytime I hear them again I get blown away. And while I may not always like the lyrics, I gotta give Maynard credit - he is a brilliant song writer, a true poet. In the sense of their level of musicianship and progressiveness etc.. I say Tool is the new Rush. Long live the music of Tool.
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    To be honest with you pb, Pink Floyd was brilliant WHEN they were seriously on something. Dark Side of the Moon, The Wall, Momentary Lapse of Reason, and Division Bell were all written when those guys were high as a kite. I don't like what they were doing off stage, but what they were doing on stage makes them one of my all time favorites.
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

Clifford Brown/Max Roach Quintet

amazing, beautiful, breathtaking, stupendous, phenomenal, all of the above!

User Info Menu

For me it's Metallica, I love all their stuff........

User Info Menu

I love Metallica as well - but I enjoy listening to all types of music - plus I think it's very important to listen to all of the greats, past and present.

If you play drums and you don't check out Max Roach, Kenny Clarke, Art Blakey, Buddy Rich, Philly Jo Jones, Papa Jo Jones, Billy Higgins, Joe Chambers, Lewis Nash, Kenny Washington, Will Kennedy, EJ Strickland, Antonio Sanchez, Dafnis Prieto, etc - (there are hundreds more, thousands perhaps), you are doing yourself a diservice, you are depriving yourself of much beauty and brilliance on the drums.

peace,
    Byrne