Thread: New Yamaha DTXpress announced at Winter NAMM?

User Info Menu

Default New Yamaha DTXpress announced at Winter NAMM?

From twitter just a moment ago:
    New? YES! Be patient! RT @DilettanteGeek @YamahaDrums Anything new on DTXpress front? ready to pull the trigger but may wait after NAMM.
    Looks like there may be something interesting regarding the DTXpress announced at Winter NAMM. Glad I didn't rush into a purchase! Then again, I HATE WAITING! ARGH!!!

User Info Menu

Default Re: New Yamaha DTXpress announced at Winter NAMM?

Yes...I'm expecting a new DTXpress and DTXtreme...although I don't think they will be called those names much longer based on what I've read....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by scorch whammin View Post
    Yes...I'm expecting a new DTXpress and DTXtreme...although I don't think they will be called those names much longer based on what I've read....
    Hopefully they at least keep DTX in there somewhere that would suck to go all those years with that name then just change it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Led Rush View Post
    Hopefully they at least keep DTX in there somewhere that would suck to go all those years with that name then just change it.
    That part of the name will stay (i.e., DTX)...but I believe the kits will be going by model number designations in the future (based on a interview of Bob Terry, new marketing mgr. for Yamaha e-drums)...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by scorch whammin View Post
    That part of the name will stay (i.e., DTX)...but I believe the kits will be going by model number designations in the future (based on a interview of Bob Terry, new marketing mgr. for Yamaha e-drums)...
    I always hate model numbers, too hard to remember sometimes.