Thread: Gibraltar Avenger II Double Bass Pedals

User Info Menu

Default Gibraltar Avenger II Double Bass Pedals

Hey guys, I finally got a chance to use the new pedals, so here is a review of 'em. As some of you know, I don't live with my set, so I don't get as much set time as i'd like. In the meantime, I had a throw pillow propped against my coffee table pulling bass drum duty for about a week. Anyway, even using them like that I could see that these were light and responsive, but the real test came today when I played them for real. I found these pedals very easy to control, which was nice, but at the same time, the beaters are small and don't quite have the punch I like. The spring tension was a bit of a problem for me as well. I had to crank the tension all the way, which is ok, but if I ever want them tighter still, I will have to get different springs.
    The build quality is top notch on these pedals. All of the bearings glide smoothly and quietly, The cams have a felt strip under the chain that keep it gliding quietly. The beaters came with memory locks which is a nice touch for a gigging drummer. A very nice feature is a little spare drum key that is stashed under the right pedal. I like this especially because with my bad knees, I hate getting down there and then realize I don't have a key!
    All in all I give these pedals a 4/5. They are excellent quality, but there are some things I will have to fix if I want to make them perfect. Are they better than my previous pedals? Yes. So i'm not complaining.
    -Reuben

SABIAN SQUAD
    ^^^SGD'S EVANS EMPIRE^^^
    RIP Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

User Info Menu

Default Re: Gibraltar Avenger II Double Bass Pedals

hey great review defon! you have any pics of your new pedal(s)?
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

I actually didn't bring my camera when I put them on the kit, but i'm goin over to play tomorrow, so I will make sure I bring the camera and post some.
    -Reuben

SABIAN SQUAD
    ^^^SGD'S EVANS EMPIRE^^^

User Info Menu

Nice review defcon. Thanks for doing that!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Here's a pic of em. Sorry for the bad quality.....it was taken with my cell phone.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -Reuben

SABIAN SQUAD
    ^^^SGD'S EVANS EMPIRE^^^

User Info Menu

I have them too, i just got them but i'll give my opinion later. So far they're really smooth and good
    Paiste Alpha 14'' Sound Edge hats
    Paiste Alpha 16'' Medium Crash
    Sabian XS20 14'' Medium-Thin Crash
    Wuhan 16'' China

drummer: Being young is good ... as long as you're also wise
    Quote Originally Posted by weezy View Post
    Then you can use napkins to wipe your hands instead of taping them to your heads.