Thread: Drum metronome

User Info Menu

Default Drum metronome

hey, im in need of a metronome that can go at least 300 Bpm (minimum) and that is free .

accept Weird metronome, that one doesn't seem to work on my computer.

send me a link

User Info Menu

Ok so there are two directions you can go.

If you are familiar with torrents, I recommend downloading Cubase and using the metronome there.

But if you are not familiar with torrents go with Audacity. It's a very well known audio recording program, that is 100% free and legal.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Theres the link for you. Just to let you know though, the metronome is found under "Generate - Click Track" and the top speed is 300 BPM
    Hope this helps!!
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn

User Info Menu

i'm not seeing the mentrinome on here

User Info Menu

Okay i found it, i have always used Audicy, but i didnt know it had a metrinome on it! thanks man

User Info Menu

if anyone else had a Metrinome they use, i would till appreciate it

User Info Menu

theres a thread somewhere here that has a link to download a metronome. Its not free but after the trial expires you can still use it, kinda weird but whatever. Anyway just do some rummiging through the forum and you'll find it. If im not mistaken it was pinkfloyed who posted it.
    Eskimos

User Info Menu

wow that must have been a while ago because I know I don't remember that.

I'd like to get a hand on that too.

If anyone finds it post it here :p
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

User Info Menu

im on the hunt!

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

nice searching metal head

round of applause

shame that pink floyd never came back tho

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

ohh... haha well thanks metal-head

User Info Menu

Yeah, i cant stand metronomes though, i can go perfect beat with them, but i like throwin things in and all, and going out of cordnation for certain things, and its just kinda boring folloin a simple metronome.

User Info Menu

On the subject of metronomes,i was wondering guys? How many beats per minute are 1/4,1/8,&1/16 notes usually played? My metronome only gives beats per minute.
    DancehallDoctor -Pearl drums

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DancehallDocter
    On the subject of metronomes,i was wondering guys? How many beats per minute are 1/4,1/8,&1/16 notes usually played? My metronome only gives beats per minute.
    Quarters, 8ths, 16ths, 32nds and all other subdivisions in between are subdivisions of the tempo or beats per minute.

If you were playing quarters, you would be hitting on every click of the metronome. Whereas, to play 8ths you would need to hit twice per click, evenly of course.

This is the basis of subdivisions, and is quintessential to becoming a good drummer. Still don't know what I'm on about with subdivisions?

Have a look at the application here.

The beat moves from playing 16ths, to sextuplets, to 32nd notes. That is subdivision, my friend.

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

Thanks man,i appreciate that. I just couldn't figure out if i was playing too fast or too slow when practicing from sheet music. I know the tempo is listed usually above the staff,but all the practice material doesn't give it. I guess you just play whatever sounds good to you. I for some reason was thinking that if a bar was written in 4/4 using 1/4 notes for example it would be played at a certain tempo. My bad ! LOL!
    DancehallDoctor -Pearl drums

User Info Menu

300bpm!!! are you trying to play that Bad Brains song or something...?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DancehallDocter
    I for some reason was thinking that if a bar was written in 4/4 using 1/4 notes for example it would be played at a certain tempo.
    A metronome measures in beats per minute, not bars per minute. Assuming that it is 4/4 time, there would be 4 beats in the bar or four "clicks" from the metronome, corresponding to quarter notes. That being said, you can use a metronome for all other time signatures as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mexicancounciloffood
    300bpm!!! are you trying to play that Bad Brains song or something...?
    I think anyone who needs a metronome that goes faster than 208bpm doesn't quite know how to use it properly. Or knows quite about the beauty of subdivison.

I mean, if you think about it: If you can play quarters at 200bpm, then aren't you just playing 8ths at 100bpm? The answer is yes. And there are always higher subdivisions as well as tempos.

HB58

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

Oh, just to clean that up lol, i find it easier to do 8th notes because when I do 16ths, i tend to lose track on the "beeps", its weird i know, but i guess i'll have to know how to play 16ths on a metronome sooner or later, so mid as well practice getting it comfortable now! haha

User Info Menu

If you're having trouble with the "beeps", maybe just set your metronome to play 8ths and subdivide so that you're playing 16ths over the top. i.e. You would be playing two notes for every click.

Like this:

Mt|x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-|
    SD|oooooooooooooooo|
    Ct|1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + |

HB58

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

now theres an idea

User Info Menu

i just reached 210 on a 16th. incredibly painful lol. that's the only use a metronome provides for me is clocking my records
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

congratz! 32ndHeartBeat's, well my left foot gets sour if I use the high hat peddle to much, consider your self lucky!

User Info Menu

sore*... not sour haha