Thread: My first set

User Info Menu

Default My first set

This is my Yamaha stage custom. The shells are all birch construction. I want to replace the heads after the holidays. I am looking for deeper tones than what the stock heads are giving me. Any suggestions?

User Info Menu

Default Re: My first set

Evans EC2's, or Remo Pinstripes have built in overtone control, and that will give you a more punchy sound. If that's too much, you can go with a 2 ply head (pick your manufacturer), or if you want a really fat, wet sound (70's) you can go with Evan Hydraulic heads which have a layer of oil between the plies.

If you give a more specific idea of what sound you are going for - like what style of music, or what specific band you like - we can get more specific for you.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

WOW, you are really young to have your own set. I still can't see how you would reach the pedals. Cute sipper cup, BTW. Pink is definitely your color too!

Hey, nevermind the drums, how did you learn to use a computer at your age???

As the folks at Guinness say..."BRILLIANT!"

User Info Menu

That is obviously my daughter. She can however reach the cymbals and toms.

User Info Menu

+1 to what PB said. Personally I would go with coated 2-ply heads, since they'll give you a pretty deep warm sound but keep some resonance so the drums dont sound dead.
    Matt